BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dinan 3.45 diff and they claim you can reach 60 in 2nd gear but I haven't been able to achieve this. Any suggestions or times other members have been able to reach:cheers:

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
E55 THIS said:
I have the Dinan 3.45 diff and they claim you can reach 60 in 2nd gear but I haven't been able to achieve this. Any suggestions or times other members have been able to reach:cheers:
Most folks that have the 3.45's also have their rev limit raised to 7300 by having the ECU reworked. Dinan and Powerchip are two of the better known companies. That should do the trick for you.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard of that but should I do it know or after I do some other mods? Considering headers, intake, etc.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
E55 THIS said:
I heard of that but should I do it know or after I do some other mods? Considering headers, intake, etc.
Powerchip can tailor the chip to optimize your mods. It does not matter when the chip goes in.

This prior thread may shed more lights on your question here.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29263

Good luck.

CP

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
E55 THIS said:
I've got an M5-S2 ith the 3.45 diff and asked Eric (Forster) the same question - as it seemed like my engine wasn't turning to the full 7300rpm. He told me that the BMW tach lags a little behind the actual engine RPM. Consequently in the short amount of time that you are near 60mph (and 7,300rpm in my case), the tach will underread. It's possible that the speedo has lag too. I've tested and proven that the tach DOES underread for about 1/2 a second.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts