BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Never seen the 2 intakes like this. Is this something that is sold or was this a custom job? Also are those stock headlights with LED rings installed? Thought this was pretty well done! Bravo to the owner.

Registered
It appears to be a modified stock bumper with the custom intakes. Headlights look stock as well but blacked out 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Paging @douglas_ngo

He had the sink drains on his e60 for awhile. I had them on my e39 m5. I think they are better suited to the e39.

Attachments

Registered
stock bumper modified to fit the "sink drains." +1 on better on the e39 m5.

Dan

Registered
Hahaha. For clarification, I did not use sink drains on mine. Now the picture that the OP posted are :). Mine are SS inserts painted body match. I can make another if the OP is interested in one. Here are some pics on my old setup.

Paging <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@douglas_ngo <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->

He had the sink drains on his e60 for awhile. I had them on my e39 m5. I think they are better suited to the e39.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ Lovely! A good friend of mine owns a machine shop. I think we may have a weekend project ahead of us.

Registered
Not sure what the benefits of these big holes in the front are. Not as if the mesh blocks that much air to begin with. Is there a funnel behind these to route the air to the filters or is it just these sink drains?

Registered
The sink drains served a purpose for the s62.

The lower mesh was partially solid on the e39. If you look carefully at my picture in post 3, you can see hollowed-out solid mesh in the lower grille.

Registered
Hahaha. For clarification, I did not use sink drains on mine. Now the picture that the OP posted are :). Mine are SS inserts painted body match. I can make another if the OP is interested in one. Here are some pics on my old setup.
please pm price shipped to 90038, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts