BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My leather is the nappa omfort/heritge and very warn, im looking at replacing with the black/grey sport seats that don't split in the middle...will they fit ok as i know there is normally a solid metal plate on the back on the not splitting seats....

Dan

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
My leather is the nappa omfort/heritge and very warn, im looking at replacing with the black/grey sport seats that don't split in the middle...will they fit ok as i know there is normally a solid metal plate on the back on the not splitting seats....

Dan
I don't know. I do know the non folding rear seat has a deeper contour for seating and is generally considered more comfortable. Given that difference, I would be hesitant to think a straight swap without knowing someone has done it. Did you check realoem.com to see if that would shed any light on it?

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
not a straight swap, a lot of modification will be needed, some welding as well.
+1 There is a slab of sheet metal behind your seats. It is not too hard to cut, but there are a lot of other mods you would have to do.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
+1 There is a slab of sheet metal behind your seats. It is not too hard to cut, but there are a lot of other mods you would have to do.
He's asking about putting the non-folding seats in a car that came with folding seats. The metal plate isn't there.

Edit: Read that wrong. Yeah, there's a good bit of work involved.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I know someone who has the grey and black split folding seats for sale if you are interested? Presumably a direct replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts