BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why can't you disengage DSC? I though the dealer could activate that function for you.

No way you could do that with traction control on, but with it off that is easily accomplished in the M5.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Why can't you disengage DSC? I though the dealer could activate that function for you.

No way you could do that with traction control on, but with it off that is easily accomplished in the M5.

+1 on both points. Dealers now update your software to allow DSC off to be selected.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I suppose when the person sells that car he can say it is well broken in, and then show the video as a kind of "sales" tool. He can claim he drives that way all the time, and the fact that the car works at all is a testament to the quality of BMW! People should pay a premium for such a car, don't y'all think?

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
As a man who until very recently did this as part of a professional stunt act I feel compeled to ask as others have why ? An M5 is not the sort of car to be doing this in believe me, its much much to heavy and is way to complex. If you want to do this and yes it is fun buy an E36 M3 and throw it round til your heart is content.
Just my cents worth but trust me I know.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Nice video...looks like lots of fun to me!! Get the sw upgrade from dealer, they did mine works fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
2 more questions:
1. Can the feat be slightly done with MDM on?
2. Does anybody know how the software upadate works? Is it like any other software, where the dealer has to buy it for a considerable sum in hopes that M5 owners will come in and get the update and charge a fee for it.
The problem with me is that I'm in Laos. There are BMW dealers just across the border in Thailand, but what are the chances that they would have the software update?
Anybody with info please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
update is free from the dealer. At least in the states it is. Cant do it with MDM on

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I have a 10/06 build... Does anybody know what version software update I should ask for from the BMW dealer here in Asia?

What happens after the update? You can just turn off DSC? From the where? in Idrive?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts