BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Can anyone's M5 play MP3s on CDs?

2481 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  sydl
The owner's manual is a bit vague but mine can't play MP3s on a CD in either the stacker or the single CD player in the cabin.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
548 Posts
sydl said:
The owner's manual is a bit vague but mine can't play MP3s on a CD in either the stacker or the single CD player in the cabin.
Cars with Professional navigation have to wait untill the October/November software update for MP3 capability

· Registered
548 Posts
chris.bailey said:
Mine does have Nav Pro. Have burnt discs using iTunes and they work fine (though I am not a lover of MP3).

I also have Logic7 so maybe that makes a difference.
Then yours must be the only one in the world

We have hundreds of pro nav owners on E60 forums waiting for MP3 software, and BMW Germany confirmed it will ony come out in CIP21 in October/November

· Registered
548 Posts
MPWR said:
I can confirm that I can play MP3 files on my July build M5, made the disk using Windows media, have not tried it in the changer but works a treat in the one above the DVD slot, I too have Logic 7 if that makes a difference? Only problem is that my Itunes is set to AAC, so I will have to reload any music i want in MP3 format.
Do you have Professional Naviagation ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.