BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hope you could help me on this, tried searching around but it seems I can't find any match for this.

Got the car this way already and I immediately thought the muffler was different (not stock) Finally had time to have it removed (as I am currently replacing my clutch), seems like the welds are good (electronically welded), and the bends on the pipes are also good.

Is this an aftermarket (branded) muffler? or is it just a custom muffler? Can anyone help identify this design if they have ever seen one like it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
I have B+B's and the cans and hangers do look like mine. The tips, however, completely different. I'm told that B+B has many different tips available.

There is a tag on mine but I can't find a decent pic of the can. Here's the best I have....

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey guys, thanks for the help. really gave me some direction.

Researched on b&b and it seems vaguely similar. Tips look different from almost every other pic I see in the board / net. except this pic which looks very very similar, so I believe it IS b&b :)

B&B E39 M5 Exhaust System

My tips appear to be quite square-ish and not circular/oval. wonder why? (there are no welds around the area that signify it was modified by anyone other than the company selling it.)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have B+B's and the cans and hangers do look like mine. The tips, however, completely different. I'm told that B+B has many different tips available.

There is a tag on mine but I can't find a decent pic of the can. Here's the best I have....
Showoff! :S

·
Registered
230 Posts
sherwin,
your tips are an older style BB tips. That tip was styled for the C5 corvettes and i believe BB exhaust used them throughout their product line. they have since offer a much greater range of products and tips. I dont believe they sell the tips separately though. Here is the link to their website. while your there check out the m5 takeoff video.
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust,The Leader in Performance Exhaust Technology.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts