BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the active steeering be programmed to different settings? I feel like my 2009 M6 steering is too touchy when I compare it to my 2004 E60/N62 w/ active steering. My E60 seems more predicable, my E63 I need to be more careful. Great for quick, slow curves, but at high speed one mis-calculation and the car is not where I expect it to be - essentially I need to hold the steering wheel precisely, where the E60 allows me to concentrate on other tasks at hand. It could be the tires on the E63, as they are all-seaons, but I dont think so.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
may have just answered my own question.

·
2,100 Posts
M's have variable assist (servotronic) but not variable ratio (active steering). That thread is not correct.

Servotronic is speed-dependant and has 2 'curves' selected by the EDC setting. Comfort EDC gives max assist, normal and sport EDC selects the more sporty (less assist) curve.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! 2 questions? At what point is sport EDC engaged? M-Mode ? Level 3? Also, can the assist level be programmed?

·
2,100 Posts
EDC is not speed dependent. EDC is the button near the stick shift (if SMG) to adjust shocks. There are 2 levels of speed-dependent assist as described above.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, missed that the first time. Every heard of anyone programming these to suit their taste?

Level 1 - max assist
Level 2 - lease assist
Level 3 - least assist (lumber wagon mode)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts