BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am getting the Electronic Damper Control (EDC) error. I have already gotten my mechanic to scan for error codes, and this is what he gave me:-

005FF1 EDC: Wheel speed, front left
00600A EDC: Control unit, internal fault

I will be replacing the front speed sensor, however since there is no stock, I would have to order it from ebay. The dilemma I am having is should I also order the EDC control unit as well?? My mechanic thinks that I should ??????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another update. I just checked and the springs are not original, its aftermarket (Hartge). Could that cause the EDC error? BTW I should have mentioned that I bought the car used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the speed sensor, but the EDC error didn't go away, ended up changing the EDC controller. Everything was fine for a couple of days, but now I have another bigger problem. Will open a new thread :sad1:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was a used unit so i didn't have to reprogram it. the problem that I am having now doesn't seem to be related to the EDC.

Pls refer to this thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question, when you replaced the EDC-K module with a used item, did you swap it with the EXACT same BMW part number 3715 xxxxxxx-01 as your original or did the part number slightly vary? I am actually finding it difficult to locate a replacement EDC controller with exact part number for my M5, I am thinking to try a used EDC module with a different BMW part number from another m5 but before I go out and purchase it, I would like to here from you. Any input on the above question would really be appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts