BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here and the M topic is new to me too. I'm from Germany and unfortunately it is not possible to register in the German M5 forums for reasons that are not apparent to me.
I hope here I find what I need and can give when someone else needs something. I am very familiar with the other BMW engines up to around 1998.
I rescued a diamond black M5 S38 B38 from a junkyard in southern France a year ago. It looked bad, but there was no rust. The engine is now running, but misfires from 1000 rpm. Can it be the camshaft sensor? Is there a camshaft sensor from another engine that fits? Thank you in advance for your answers!

Greetings Ralf

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello Ralf.
Unfoetunately cant help you with your questions, but I can sell you parts for s38 engine and M5 at all

PM if interested

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thank you! I am very happy to come back to it, as I am only at the beginning!

Maybe someone can tell me whether the camshaft sensor is an inductive sensor or an angle pulse sensor and which values it has to bring when measuring ..

Thanks to you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[QUOTE = "uk_bm, Beitrag: 7608038, Mitglied: 123864"]
Hallo, Sie haben Rechte, ob alle Stecker gehört ... Es sind grundlegende die Grundlagen.
[/ ZITAT]
Thanks for the hint! I haven't checked the connectors yet. But I want to replace all sensors and hoses because the car has been in the sun and in the dirt for about 7 years. Sometimes sensors from other motors are the same but have a longer cable and therefore a different part number. An M-part usually only costs € 100 more for this reason.
Hi, You've checked all plugs are working... It's usually the basics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts