BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the forum one of the members thoroughly listed the entire process to replace the left intake position sensor.
I believe it was David... thank you so much.
After watching a few videos on YouTube and thoroughly following the instructions listed here, I can report that indeed it was a Battle. I replaced all 4 sensors, both exhaust and intake sensors.
The most difficult was the driver side ... but , they are now installed.Very great full For all this great information listed in this forum.
The last pictures show the battle scars. It was worth it!!!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
good job, that driver side bracket is no fun

Reactions: Bavarianfan

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Where did you source the sensors? Just curious where the good buys are these days for the OE sensor with the emblem ground off. :)

Reactions: Bavarianfan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you folks for your replies .... I bought the OEM intake sensors from FCP euro and the exhaust sensors from Autohauz.
All are OEM manufacturing but not BMW stamped. So I save a few hundred dollars.
Paid around $200 for all 4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you source the sensors? Just curious where the good buys are these days for the OE sensor with the emblem ground off. :)
[/
Thank you folks for your replies .... I bought the OEM intake sensors from FCP euro and the exhaust sensors from Autohauz.
All are OEM manufacturing but not BMW stamped. So I save a few hundred dollars.
Paid around $200 for all 4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a followed up. I decided to replace all the sensors , even though they had not thrown any type of code.
When I indeed pushed the car after spirited driving, I found the car went into limp mode and then the service soon engine light came on. About 5 minutes later the car went back to normal operating.
After doing a check with OBD2, we found misfires and 1 knock sensor throwing the code.Based on my limited knowledge , the knock sensor is the key in making sure all cylinders are firing accordingly.If theirs pinging it will put the engine in limp mode to reduce any potential damage to the cylinders (engine).
Along with a friend we replaced the knock sensors. The car is performing very well,,, no limp mode and pulls hard.
Attached the sensors replaced, which are original and still working. And some illustrated pages of the knock sensor replacement.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts