BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've a 3.6 92 Euro, and I'd like to know if is possible to use the 3.8 cams, and if it would give me any increase in torque and power, and I saw a few threads about cam gears. Is it only for US Spec or if i change mine for the eutro 3.8, it would give and bennetfit ???

Best Eduardo

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one ???

Do you know if US version Cam gears are the same in Euro 3.6 ???
Or Euro 3.6 has the same cam gear as euro 3.8 ????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
MBrasil, I doubt there will be any difference in cam gears between Euro / U.S. 3.6 Engines. I would imagine that any differences would be targeted at emissions so ECU/DME and cats maybe the only changes if any..Our U.S. friends might know the answer or Pepmeister in Brasil might know. I would suggest that you go to - www.realoem.com and check part numbers between U.S. cars and Euro cars - as you can choose which model of car your parts search is for when you enter the site.
Hope you get a definitive answer soon.
Cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
MBrasil said:
Hi,

I've a 3.6 92 Euro, and I'd like to know if is possible to use the 3.8 cams, and if it would give me any increase in torque and power, and I saw a few threads about cam gears. Is it only for US Spec or if i change mine for the eutro 3.8, it would give and bennetfit ???

Best Eduardo
-------------------

I have heard that the Dinan cam gears are a direct copy of the 3.8. but no one in the US has put them both next to each other and compared. There is a thread discussing this if you do a search for Dinan Cam gears.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all !!!

So I should go for cam gear mod !:wroom:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts