BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
In short,use TIS instruction"remove both cylinder heads" and " replace camshafts" as a guide.

Basically it is Vanos units out,remove upper chain covers,remove main chain from inlet cams,remove sprockets for cam chain and cam chain...
Or get a shipping quote on how much it will cost you to just send the car to Finland for repair...:thumbsup:

Reactions: vantaam5

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
lol, thanks Raikku, glad to know it's that simple. By the way, a good friend of mine is installing the Alpha-N tune on his MY2000 now on my recommendation. Said he's been getting great service!

-Scott

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
lol, thanks Raikku, glad to know it's that simple. By the way, a good friend of mine is installing the Alpha-N tune on his MY2000 now on my recommendation. Said he's been getting great service!

-Scott
Thanks,always nice to hear the guys are happy with us!:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
82k Miles 2000 M5. Is there way I can really lock down this engine to make sure this engine doesn't move besides the drill bit. I'll probably keep it in gear too. Any special parts I would forget to order? Can Vanos's be removed in this position? I know in your instructions you said they had to be set in the DIS, is this the same position. Would you like to fly in and do this ;).

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
locking the crank is fine. if you're unsure about the drill bit do what i did. get a large long bolt, 18/19mm. grind down the tip to the shape of the groove in the vibration damper. works great, holds it rock solid.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am not that great with a grinder...I am just buying a new engine! Kidding, I enjoy working on my car as much as I enjoy driving it. Hopefully, I can get this thing back running with all of your help! Gathering a shopping list.
-Adam

21 - 29 of 29 Posts