BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is Week 42 build. It looks like it will be here around December. If I choose to take delivery at the Performance Center, will there be M5s available for the track session?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've heard probably from this board that the new E60 M5's will not be available until at least January '06. I think they are waiting until a sufficient number of orders are filled in the US to have enough people interested in going to Spartanburg.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AbruzziBoy said:
I've heard probably from this board that the new E60 M5's will not be available until at least January '06. I think they are waiting until a sufficient number of orders are filled in the US to have enough people interested in going to Spartanburg.
I thought that referred to the M5 Driving Experience. I wonder if it also is true for the Performance Center delivery. It would be odd if that were so, since then the first batch of people getting their cars -- which includes the most enthusiastic customers -- would not have the PC delivery option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MRichmond said:
My car is Week 42 build. It looks like it will be here around December. If I choose to take delivery at the Performance Center, will there be M5s available for the track session?
Hey, I'm week 42 also! I called the performance center and talked with one of their people about the schedules. She claimed that the E60"s would not arrive until January and they were not yet scheduling January M classes. She did take my contact information and commit to letting me know when the M courses would be offered so I could get on the schedule.

Also, you do not need to take delivery of your car at the center to take the class.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idivethesea said:
Hey, I'm week 42 also! I called the performance center and talked with one of their people about the schedules. She claimed that the E60"s would not arrive until January and they were not yet scheduling January M classes. She did take my contact information and commit to letting me know when the M courses would be offered so I could get on the schedule.

Also, you do not need to take delivery of your car at the center to take the class.
Glad to hear from another Week 42 guy. I was not planning to do the Driving Experience class until next spring anyway. I know that the PC delivery is not necessary to take the Driving Experience, but since PC delivery includes 1-2 hours of track time, it appeals to me. I would not bother to take delivery there, however, if they don't have new M5s in which to do the track time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MRichmond said:
Glad to hear from another Week 42 guy. I was not planning to do the Driving Experience class until next spring anyway. I know that the PC delivery is not necessary to take the Driving Experience, but since PC delivery includes 1-2 hours of track time, it appeals to me. I would not bother to take delivery there, however, if they don't have new M5s in which to do the track time.
Yes, I agree completely, I will take the class as soon as it's available in the Spring.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Confirms what I have been saying.. no M5s until spring sessions. BTW, they also mentioned the M6 would be there as well!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cannot say EXACTLY when we will have our M5's ready. We have 10 on order. As of last week (4) of them were in the build process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts