BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering, since you had your aftermarket exhausts installed, did you find yourselves driving the beast less often than you did before the install?

Since I had my E-Race and SS X-pipe installed last month, I noticed that the M6 has gone from pretty much a DD to a twice a week maybe in the evening, maybe on the weekend car. Don't know if its because its extremely loud that it has just become impractical to use all day every day - but I love the sound so it shouldn't matter really.

Anyone find this to be the case with them too? Or am I the only one? ;)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If anything I now drive it more! I felt like something was missing without it in Europe!

·
Registered
933 Posts
If anything I now drive it more! I felt like something was missing without it in Europe!
This is my concern with doing ED also...2 major things would be missing...most importantly.. TINTS and second would be an aftermarket exhaust. The experience just wouldn't be the same. The tints are not just for appearances purposes, but because they help with the bright sun so much. Everytime I drive a car without tints, it bothers me!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
This is my concern with doing ED also...2 major things would be missing...most importantly.. TINTS and second would be an aftermarket exhaust. The experience just wouldn't be the same. The tints are not just for appearances purposes, but because they help with the bright sun so much. Everytime I drive a car without tints, it bothers me!
I told my wife for the next ED, we were going to buy exhaust over there and have it put on, and just hope that customs doesn't catch it haha

·
Registered
933 Posts
I told my wife for the next ED, we were going to buy exhaust over there and have it put on, and just hope that customs doesn't catch it haha

Thats a pretty good idea...Eisenmann is in Germany so it shouldnt be too hard if your going that route.

I already thought about finding a tint shop, but in Europe they tend to not tint the driver and passenger front windows...which looks awful IMO.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mine is super loud and it is a DD. The neighbors can always tell what time it is in the morning by when I leave for work! Dogs howl, cats run and women drop their panties......

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys mean by "ED"?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is super loud and it is a DD. The neighbors can always tell what time it is in the morning by when I leave for work! Dogs howl, cats run and women drop their panties......
LOL nice! And what about popo? Any issues with them?

·
Registered
704 Posts
LOL nice! And what about popo? Any issues with them?
No issue at all. I don't crank it when I am around them, but even the one time I was stopped for speeding nothing was said (and no ticket as well). They just are too in love with the engineering. Who can blame 'em? ED = European Delivery.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^ fair enough. I'm the same, when I'm stopped at the lights and my car idles it sounds almost stock only when I go over 4,000 rpm it starts to scream. We have a member here with an M5, MPower 77 who I see often and his car at the lights will vibrate the car in the lane beside him lol so even though I am loud, I'm not too obnoxious when at a standstill unless its a cold start, then all hell breaks loose. I have to unlock the 612 whenever I start the M6 in the morning other the alarm will go off. ;)

Haven't had police trouble but then again I haven't really been driving the beast that often - which I feel guilty about but it just feels like a hassle starting her up - its like you have to prepare yourself mentally and psychologically for the drive and noise! lol.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Dogs howl, cats run and women drop their panties......
... and a crazy neighbor has bought a basket of eggs and every morning that I leave for work, he excercises his shooting capabilities

by throwing eggs to my M6. Indeed he made it once, and an egg splashed in the middle of my front window.

I was so mad that I took off spinning at ....11.000 rpm . LOL.

George:confused2:mad:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Since installing Tubi Rumoré, Ajax has gone from an M6 DD to virtually an HD (hourly driver).

·
8,369 Posts
Since installing Tubi Rumore - I drive my beast more and more often just so I can hear the nice exhaust sound.

I even drive more often now with windows rolled down so I can hear my exhaust better.

Every time I hear my exhaust it puts a smile on my face. I love my Tubis.

No eggs thrown at my car ever. Just 100% thumbs up from anyone & everyone that hears it. And that is 100% honesty.

I tell you though, I have a neighbor with a Mustang Saleen. His exhaust is so freaking loud the entire neighborhood hates him.
I give him a dirty look too when I see him as it wakes up the entire neighborhood when he revs his car especially early in the morning.
I sure dont want to be in that situation.

When that happens to anyone - your exhaust is indeed too loud.
And it is not good for your neighbors to hate you as in time of need - they may not be there for you.
Us neighbors look out for one another and help one another.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
And it is not good for your neighbors to hate you as in time of need - they may not be there for you.
Us neighbors look out for one another and help one another.
Greek neighbors do the same thing, unless - as in my case - they drink a substantial quantity of xanax and prozak everyday.

George

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
George, at least they should have had the decency to throw fresh eggs!

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
George, at least they should have had the decency to throw fresh eggs!
David,

If you only knew Greeks. They can be the best and the worst. You either love a Greek person or you hate him to d***h.

There are worse cases than mine though. A friend of mine from Athens decided to go on a trip with his wife to Crete.

He drives an Aston Db9s. Big mistake. Upon arrival with the ferry it was late in the evening and they headed with the car

to their hotel. Unfortunately on their way they came across a traditional Greek wedding. In Crete EVERYONE carries a gun.

And it is a local tradition to fire in the air, after the wedding. My friend made the mistake to push the horn, in order

to make space to go through.

Result : two flat tires and a hole in the right front wing. Police ????

NO WAY. EVERY policeman is at home during these events.

TALK ABOUT EGGS.

My best,

George

·
Banned
45 Posts
since i installed the Eisenmann Race Exhaust, i do not drive fast so often because it is loud also when driving slow... thats a good thing, since installed the exhaust i can drive 300km with one fuel charge ;) with the original i drove 260km, not much more but still worth mentioning.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder did anyone start to experience any issues or faults pop up after they installed their aftermarket exhaust?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts