BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
They are running the big track configuration that weekend which includes part of the big banked Nascar oval turn.

I've driven on this track and it's a great set up for M5's and M6's to really run free around the big turns and the long straight aways.

If you have not tracked at the California Speedway in Fontana you will have a blast.

Kev, I will be out of town the weekend of May 15th and unfortunately have to miss this run, but post a lot of pics of all the action and I can't wait to see who has the fastest time.

Thanks,

Greer

Reactions: Ghostryder

·
Registered
907 Posts
Anyone know how fast M5's get up to in the front straight?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I wish i can go as the guys on the list are all cool guys...i'll be in NorCal that day:(

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've never tracked....is this speedway fairly friendly to newbies?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Eddie,

Yes...this group of guys are cool (ask Kevin if he can give you some pointers) and you'll also find out why Kevin was named the "Ghostryder" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Plastique999,

For a nominal fee you can arrange a Speedventures Instructor to ride in your passenger seat and guide you thru your first couple of runs.

They are a good group of guys and you will learn a lot from them on your first track experience.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
crap i wanna go
is there room...where to sign up?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looked on the list and saw only 1 other M6...also noticed the track is for Intermediate or Advanced drivers...
guess ill wait for the next event?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looked on the list and saw only 1 other M6...also noticed the track is for Intermediate or Advanced drivers...
guess ill wait for the next event?
Run it @ Cal speedway w/o the ROVAL config, if it is your first time. The infield is much more relaxed and "safer," as top speeds reach a few ticks over 100 (120 IIRC) as opposed to the banked oval clocking in 30-40 mph faster.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts