BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is supposed to be a beautiful day this Sunday April 06.
Anyone interested in getting together and possibly booting out to Banff/Canmore for a bite to eat?

Salty.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Anyone interested in getting together and possibly booting out to Banff/Canmore for a bite to eat?

Salty.
If I can get out of a family dinner...I'd be up for a little ride!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd be up for it. Pull'n her out of the barn tomorrow for and oil change then good to go.
Hammer
Coming down to Calgary tomorrow and staying at my sister's place just North of downtown for 4 days - don't want to publish her phone number.
I'm living in the stone age and don't own a cell phone! :eek:

email your contact numbers to [email protected] asap and I'll try to pull this together.
If Canmore is too much for folks, an afternoon bevvy in town might be the ticket.

Cheers,
Salty.

edit: If you know any other M owners that might not read this board today, please let them know too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Too bad, I'm working...

I'd love to show up, but am working Sunday (and Monday.... 24 hrs :crying2:).

Harvey

·
Registered
331 Posts
Rick,
Thanks for the invite.
Let me know the details once you have a plan, see if I can sneak away for a few hours.

Omar.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm up for a quick meet here in town, but won't have time to do the canmore run :(

Keep us posted on details!

-Jeff

PS> I heard the Flight Deck Bar and Grill up in the NE just opened up on Wednesday, and got some good reviews. Might be a good place to meet up for some cold ones?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm out. :( My Beast is still at Maranello's. It was supposed to be done this afternoon, but now they're saying Tuesday.

It better look astonishing when I get it back, they've had it since March 17th already.

By the way, saw a nice Carbon Black M5 today turning from 12th Street NE onto McKnight Blvd Westbound... you were in the left hand turning lane to turn onto 12th Street NE Northbound.

If you're on here, sharp lookin' car!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Any final idea on when and where...I'd be just as happy staying in town for a drink, or going for a little ride....just let me know!

John.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Okay.
I called the Flight deck Bar & Grill.
They have opened for business but they only open at 4pm on Sunday.
That's a bit late for people with family commitments.

My vote is for Earls on 16th Ave opposite SAIT at 2pm.
It's central and easy to get to.
There's also usually lots of parking.

Post here if Earls at 2pm Sunday works for you.
Salty.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Salty.
We should get a hold of Jay at track Techniques and arrange a bmw track day(road course) nice relaxing nothing crazy maybe 2 groups,
for say 20 of us this summer before race city closes its doors.

Let me know i will call him we can do just about any sunday night(4 till dusk) or most mon to thur...nights same time

·
Registered
280 Posts

Salty.
We should get a hold of Jay at track Techniques and arrange a bmw track day(road course) nice relaxing nothing crazy maybe 2 groups,
for say 20 of us this summer before race city closes its doors.

Let me know i will call him we can do just about any sunday night(4 till dusk) or most mon to thur...nights same time

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Earls works for me.
Gord
Well, so much for those "best laid plans of mice and men"!
When I started this thread on Thursday night (just 36 hours ago), the weather forecast was for 5 days of sunshine with a high of 12C in Calgary. Such is April in the Rockies.

Attached are two pictures taken 10 minutes ago, one looking out the front door and one out back at the beastie's house. :eek::eek::eek:
We have about 3 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing hard.
I should add that we had no (zero) snow on the ground last night.

I'm afraid my beastie isn't going anywhere. :grrrr:
The Mazda with its snow tires will be taking me to Calgary.
I could still show up if the rest of you are still meeting up, but the Protege5 will not be parked with the group!!!

Another time...
Salty.

---------
Edit:
For your amusement I copied the weather warning for today:
<!-- CONTENT TITLE BEGINS | DEBUT DU TITRE DU CONTENU -->Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings <!-- CONTENT TITLE ENDS | FIN DU TITRE DU CONTENU -->
Warnings

City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park
9:06 AM MDT Saturday 5 April 2008
Snowfall warning for
City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park issued

Localized accumulations of 10 to 15 cm are expected this morning.

A heavy band of snow is moving through the city of Edmonton this morning and heading east. Many parts of Edmonton and areas to the east will get a quick 10 cm of snow as the band moves through. Snow is expected to lighten up this afternoon and end later this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm still in for 2 PM @ Earls on 16th if we're all still going! :)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
You guys wanna go for a rip to Saskatoon and meet up with me? lol.
There's only one other E39 M5 in Saskatoon and he's an old dude. I've seen 2 E60 M5's though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I went through every imaginable road condition yesterday morning going out to Sunshine...sleet, snow, and glare ice on the trans Canada. Then to meet up with 4" of freshpowder at the hill to coming home in sunny, dry conditions, rain, a blizzard, then dry and sunny in Calgary again...bizzarre! None of it in the M5 with summer tires mind you. The Caravan did just fine.

Today doesn't look too bad though...if there are a bunch of guys going...I'll show up

So who is really in for Earls today at 2pm???

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went through every imaginable road condition yesterday morning going out to Sunshine...sleet, snow, and glare ice on the trans Canada. Then to meet up with 4" of freshpowder at the hill to coming home in sunny, dry conditions, rain, a blizzard, then dry and sunny in Calgary again...bizzarre! None of it in the M5 with summer tires mind you. The Caravan did just fine.

Today doesn't look too bad though...if there are a bunch of guys going...I'll show up

So who is really in for Earls today at 2pm???
I'm back on.
Amazing how fast the snow melted.
We got almost 15cm in Edmonton but I drove down last night in the slush.
Wasn't bad south of Red Deer.
The beast is filthier than it has ever been in my 2 1/2 years of ownership.
May not have time to wash it but will be there at 2pm. cherrsagai

Salty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts