BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on Amazon, at first they sent me the wrong filters (CUK 2733). They then sent me the correct filters (Mann CUK 2736). They do fit, but no solid frame and larger than what was installed:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had the same issue. The new Genuine OEM BMW filter part numbers have the same design change.
Without the plastic frame, the new type air filter, when fitted, allows for a gap as the fit is too tight, and there is no structural rigidity.

Maybe I tried installing it incorrectly.

Now, I look for NOS (new old stock) of the old style framed, charcoal activated filter when I need a replacement.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What the.. no one told me about this.
I never knew this had plastic housings. I always used MANN during previous changes.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Just run what fits. As mentioned, there are a couple different designs. I don't recall buying any that wouldn't sit flush and needing to stay away from, but with lots of brands out there now it's possible there are some crap ones.

That said, the tightest fitting filter isn't going to help for **** unless your "connector tubes" have all 3 locking tabs in working order and properly fitted to the firewall.

Reactions: roarf
1 - 6 of 6 Posts