BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this over on the M3 forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the CA DMV website:

Starting January 1, 2005, owners of vehicles six or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first six registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification

Here's the thread:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=60120

Who's next for headers and metallic cats!

·
Registered
450 Posts
This would be good news!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That's great news!

Just picked up my M5 with headers and cats last week.

I love the sound.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I thought they aready had it for the first four years. Great it makes less of a line for us old gross polluters.:hihihi:

Ronin, are you in South OC? I keep seeing two different blk M5s around here.
There was three but I passed it on to the next M5 lover.
I'm now in a GlacierGreen 540i w/BBS wheels and supersprint exhaust.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That os not good news for people who changes car ever other year! :(
That is just another way for the goverment to make more money here, 'cause when you sell the car a new SMOG check is mandatory regardless if you just had one done the year before!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That is true, anyway for them to grab the money they willgrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
6spd said:
Ronin, are you in South OC? I keep seeing two different blk M5s around here.
There was three but I passed it on to the next M5 lover.
I'm now in a GlacierGreen 540i w/BBS wheels and supersprint exhaust.
I'm around the Newport area, I just added the BBS LM's very recently. I do a fair amount of driving for work, so you may have seen me around. Is Glacier a darker green or lighter green?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Glaciergreen is the lighter green.
I've seen only two others this color both 540ia.
I'm in the Niguel area but work in the Tustin/Costa Mesa area.

:cheers:

·
Registered
252 Posts
dmz said:
That os not good news for people who changes car ever other year! :(
That is just another way for the goverment to make more money here, 'cause when you sell the car a new SMOG check is mandatory regardless if you just had one done the year before!

No, I believe that when you transfer a newer car now a smog check will NOT be needed for the title transfer:

http://smogcheck.ca.gov/StdPage.asp?Body=/Smogcheck/doineed.htm

"Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 4 or less model-years old will be exempt from the Smog Check inspection requirement upon change of ownership and transfer of title transactions with DMV. In 2005, this exemption includes model-years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005."

·
Registered
661 Posts
That is excellent news then. Now i wonder if they will raise the SMOG test price now since there will be fewer test needed. I hope not!

03E39M5 said:
No, I believe that when you transfer a newer car now a smog check will NOT be needed for the title transfer:

http://smogcheck.ca.gov/StdPage.asp?Body=/Smogcheck/doineed.htm

"Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 4 or less model-years old will be exempt from the Smog Check inspection requirement upon change of ownership and transfer of title transactions with DMV. In 2005, this exemption includes model-years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005."

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I do notice that more are getting the "Test Only" station notice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
I'm around the Newport area, I just added the BBS LM's very recently. I do a fair amount of driving for work, so you may have seen me around. Is Glacier a darker green or lighter green?
Who did your headers? It looks like I will have a very similar set up once I get the car back from DA.

Did you feel a big increase with the headers? How about the CAI (done previously?)? Anything noticable with the pulleys . . .

The car must be night and day . . .

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
2003 M5!!! said:
Who did your headers? It looks like I will have a very similar set up once I get the car back from DA.

Did you feel a big increase with the headers? How about the CAI (done previously?)? Anything noticable with the pulleys . . .

The car must be night and day . . .
EvoSport of Huntington Beach performed the installations. CAI was done at the same time, so it's hard for me to attribute the increases and changes to each individual part.

The car feels stronger, but is still quite drivable. It seems to rev slightly quicker and smoother with the pulleys.

I probably picked up about 25-28 wheel horsepower, according to the dynos.

But, the sound is something else entirely. I love it! It sounds awesome. Not too loud, but just very nice. I've received a couple compliments on the sound already from strangers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts