BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a BM53. I don't have Sirius or AUX. I just want the stock arrangement with the CD player.

All of the write ups I see are for Sirius and AUX.

Hooked up my adapter and thought I would have CD. The head unit sees it but no sound. How do I get CD player to work?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Installing a BM53. I don't have Sirius or AUX. I just want the stock arrangement with the CD player.

All of the write ups I see are for Sirius and AUX.

Hooked up my adapter and thought I would have CD. The head unit sees it but no sound. How do I get CD player to work?
The Sirius retrofit DIY (see my signature or the DIY Sticky) has the information, but instead of attaching the BMW CONNECTION CABLE CD-CHANGER (550mm) P/N: 65128364756 to the Sirius tuner attach it to the CDC.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Thank you. Please see photos for an adapter cable that was included with the set I received. What would this be for?
The square connector is the audio connection and should be connected to the CDC. It appears that this is not the CDC connection cable (P/N: 65128364756). The three shrink tubed terminals look to be the radio connection (X13598 pins 2, 8 & 9). You will want to remove the shrink tubing and extract the pins in connector (X13598 to X13321) and replace them with the correct terminals on your exceptionally long CDC connection cable (thinking it is from Business Radio vehicle).

This is what the CDC connection cable looks like...
65128364756 CDC Analog Cable-01.jpg
65128364756 CDC Analog Cable-02.jpg
65128364756 CDC Analog Cable-03.jpg

The connection to the CDC using the original I-bus connection.
2012-08-23_20-30-25_108.jpg

Radio connection pinout:
BM53_New%20Gen%20(BM53)%20Pinout.jpg
BM53_New Gen (BM53) Pinout-01.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks again. Just ordered the factory terminated as you indicated. Needed a couple of the odd bits for the interior anyway.

Looking at your signature, our cars are twins! Mine is BZ98833. Production date March 01, 2001.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Cool. Thanks again. Just ordered the factory terminated as you indicated. Needed a couple of the odd bits for the interior anyway.

Looking at your signature, our cars are twins! Mine is BZ98833. Production date March 01, 2001.
You are most welcome. Mine is bz99137 5 April 2001:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bluemach, my 01 M5 is BZ98814 and built on the same day as yours. ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haha. Forgot why I was responding to this thread.

I'm trying to find a feature comparison between the c43 and bm53 radios.
I understand the different part numbers and the ability to have aux and Sirius. But I'm running the intravee and don't need those features specifically ( the intravee and intravee switch allow those connections).

I was hoping the bm53 may have better RDS information to display. I see it supports MP3 but is that only on CDs in the cd changer?

I've noticed using my hd tuner alpine TUA 550 not all stations show the additional text. (Artist, song name, album, etc). But if I look at the same hd stations on a different vehicle there are more station and song info.

Is there anything to gain with the bm53 in my situation? RichardP?

Thanks
Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts