BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sad but true. Finally let my beast go. It was a sad day. Actually went to the dealership the next day to see it. Well what can I say. The E60 comes sometime next year I guess. Traded it in for THIS.

Sameer

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
congrats on the lambo. :thumbsup:

nycesam said:
Sad but true. Finally let my beast go. It was a sad day. Actually went to the dealership the next day to see it. Well what can I say. The E60 comes sometime next year I guess. Till then I have THIS to keep me amused.

Sameer

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol thanks guys. Didn't mean to sound sad, I'm actually excited. The Gallardo gets delivered next week sometime, can't wait. It;s just that I've driven lots of great cars but my M5 was still my favorite. It was also my first really great car so i guess it's a sentimental issue too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It’s true - one sad day :sad1:. I so got used to my M5 that I’m not sure when or even if I at all will sell it and replace it with new generation M5. Something E39 M5 has magical, classical versus moderate M5 which up till know except 507 bhp engine did not catch my attention and desire at all ??????

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I love the looks of the Gallardo. A lot sharper and cleaner than the Murcielago.
Parting with a car you love is always tough, even when trading up. If you get depressed, feel regretful emotions or anything, just drive the Lambo around a little, and I think it will go away. :haha:
:cheers:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congrats!!! That is one nice car. I am sure it will feel very, very different than the M5, but then that is where fond memories come from.

Best of Luck with your new baby... :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I am only sad that you do not have more pics to share! :D

Congrats on the new ride. The E39 M5 is a special car, I know how you feel. However, I say: apply full throttle and do not look back- but do come back here often! :M5launch: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks guys...can't wait now. Taking them ages to get it delivered! Going nuts here! Am I still invited to the board? and to meets? also have the Bentley Flying Spur being delievered end of this year. Can't wait for that either, just picked out the color/options yesterday.
Here's more pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Of course you are still welcome at the board! This is an enthusiast site that happens to be geared for M5's, but that doesnt mean it excludes others. Having a long term board member with something a fancy as a Gallardo is wonderful!
I dont have an M5 either (student loans instead), but I have gone to meets and I still kick around this place. It's what you bring and share, not what you have keys to. Look forward to hearing a full report on that Lambo when you get it!
I've said it once and I'll say it again; Gallardos are just downright sexy!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pissed...after paying a premium for transporting the Gallardo from California to NY and after being given multiple assurances that it will be here before this weekend...(delivery date was last tuesday)...the trucker calls yesterday saying he's still in florida....dropping other cars and won't get here till after memorial day. I hate these guys! Another lonely weekend.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2 year warranty...dunno what it covers really

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I've had a few cars shipped before, and it is always a PITA. One was a broken Jetta GLI and not a new Lambo, so the wait wasnt as bad. Sorry to hear about the delay, but she'll be there soon enough.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Too bad about the wait, seems like you always get good service until you pay, then everything goes down hill, Josh

·
Registered
92 Posts
I suppose if I couldn't drive an E39, a Gallardo could keep me from being too upset. :)

Seriously, it's a really beautiful car.

Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Are you dealing with Miller on the Bentley? Oh and Great Lambo.. :7: Just me being me... I would likely go with the 430 Modena (subject to me winning all kinds of lottery pools)...

But would not turn down a yellow baby like yours either.. Wishing you many happy miles Sameer :flag:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts