BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally had to end the affair with my beloved M5. I traded her in on Tuesday for an 03 RS6. I had thoughts of the new E60, but I just couldn't get past the looks. This was compounded by the sucky service that my local dealer provides. The Audi is a blast and the auto doesn't hurt in LA traffic. Thanks for all the useful information, this is a great board.

JeeperJohn or Wang, email me when then next So Cal run comes around if I'm still invited. Hope everyone else continues to enjoy their beasts. :byee55amg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALEV8 said:
that's the most expensive Volkswagen you'll ever have. Sorry to see you go.
It's my first VW. We'll see if it'll be the most expensive. :)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I'm sure you will miss the Beast.

But I feel there will be quite a few joining you in the next year or so.

The E39 has had its day. Lighter and quicker Beasts are being developed as we speak.

I'm still not convinced on the looks of the E60 Either.

Lets hope the E90 V-8 M3 has more E46 in it than E60.

Yoda's days are numbered as well. Its time to start looking seriously at other vehicles. I only usually keep then 2 years.

Take care.

MJ

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
MIB said:
I'm sure you will miss the Beast.

But I feel there will be quite a few joining you in the next year or so.

The E39 has had its day. Lighter and quicker Beasts are being developed as we speak.

I'm still not convinced on the looks of the E60 Either.

Lets hope the E90 V-8 M3 has more E46 in it than E60.

Yoda's days are numbered as well. Its time to start looking seriously at other vehicles. I only usually keep then 2 years.

Take care.

MJ
My sentiments exactly. For me the M3 was not an option as I needed a comfortable 4 door sedan. I almost pulled the trigger on a new CLS55, by I got the RS6 for a screaming deal from another TT owner. I'd like to see the bugs (if any) worked out of the new E60, and maybe in a few years, the looks will grow on me.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Sad to see you go, but for all the trash we talk about RS6's they are wonderful cars. Anything in the supersedan class is a fantastic car, so enjoy the new VW! :D (dont worry, that comes from a happy VW owner)
:cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
SoCal.
Hey, nice choice... I just parked next to a grey RS6 the other day and it look hunkered down and mean.
How does driving the RS6 compare to your M5?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good choice. I like the RS6 much more than the E55, and I'm not a big fan of the CLS' looks.

Out of curiosity, do you actually like the RS6 more than the M5, or did you just want something different?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
M Falcon said:
SoCal.
Hey, nice choice... I just parked next to a grey RS6 the other day and it look hunkered down and mean.
How does driving the RS6 compare to your M5?
Well, I've only had it a couple of days, but the ride is more comfortable and quiet. The Quattro is very comforting in the rain we had the last couple of days. With the flash in 91 race, there's almost 500 ft lbs. of torque. It's nice to have that extra grunt down low. Lastly, the auto is a pleasure in LA traffic. I bought the M5 specifically because it had a 6 speed. I guess I'm getting old. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mark,

Of course, you will be welcome on the next run!! I'm just waiting for the roads to be cleared and repaired. Highway 150 to Ojai is closed and going up 33 is a 2 hour delay from the ocean side. It's funny that you chose a RS6, Wang sold his GT3 and is thinking about selling his RS6. Keep in touch and we'll get a run together in a couple of months.

John

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WannaM5 said:
Good choice. I like the RS6 much more than the E55, and I'm not a big fan of the CLS' looks.

Out of curiosity, do you actually like the RS6 more than the M5, or did you just want something different?
It was just time to change. I love the performance of the new E60, but I really don't like the looks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jeeperjohn said:
Mark,

Of course, you will be welcome on the next run!! I'm just waiting for the roads to be cleared and repaired. Highway 150 to Ojai is closed and going up 33 is a 2 hour delay from the ocean side. It's funny that you chose a RS6, Wang sold his GT3 and is thinking about selling his RS6. Keep in touch and we'll get a run together in a couple of months.

John
I didn't know that Wang had an RS6. Do you know if he modded it at all? I'm considering a couple more things. What do you think he'll replace the Porsche with? Anyway, I'll still be trolling these boards and I have your email. Hope to get a run together soon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mark,

Wang is driving a H1 in place of the GT3 for a change of pace!!!! The RS6 is still at the house, but he thinking about changing it out also. I don't think he did any mods on the RS6.

John

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jeeperjohn said:
Mark,

Wang is driving a H1 in place of the GT3 for a change of pace!!!! The RS6 is still at the house, but he thinking about changing it out also. I don't think he did any mods on the RS6.

John
GT3 to an H1, huh? Holy smokes! Has he taken that thing out on rock crawls with you?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not yet, but maybe in a few weeks. Wang has a wide range of tastes for cars. I'm sure he will end up with another unique car in the near future.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jeeperjohn said:
Not yet, but maybe in a few weeks. Wang has a wide range of tastes for cars. I'm sure he will end up with another unique car in the near future.
Cool. If you guys don't mind I'd love to tag along as a passenger if you have room.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mark,

You are more than welcome to come along on the trip. I'll e-mail/PM/or call you about a week before with the time and date. I'll get Wang to call you or PM you today about his RS6.

John

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jeeperjohn said:
Mark,

You are more than welcome to come along on the trip. I'll e-mail/PM/or call you about a week before with the time and date. I'll get Wang to call you or PM you today about his RS6.

John
John,
Cool deal. I appreciate the offer and I look forward to it. Hopefully Wang will make contact. I may have a buyer for his car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts