BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i want to ask about this method of payment since it is my first time doing it.
i heard that there are many SCAMS who always use moneygram.

I got an email from some who offered me e39 headlights.

the guy insist that i go to moneygram and pay him, once the payment is done he will send me the headlights.

As i said it is my first time so I'm being careful.

waiting for helpful feedback.
thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
paypal... or bust

Reactions: aburihia

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey guys,

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i want to ask about this method of payment since it is my first time doing it.

the guy insist that i go to moneygram and pay him, once the payment is done he will send me the headlights.

thanks.
Come on Man this is a scam. With all of the feasible ways to offer someone payment for an item Moneygram is one of the worst ways to go. I did a purchase for a set of Dinan springs for the M5 and as it turned out the listing was a scam. The owner only sent two of the 4 springs depicted in the Ad. What saved me is that that the purchase was guaranteed by Ebay. Since I did all of what was necessary on my behalf (try to resolve with the previous owner, send back to Ebays customer address) I was awarded my full payment of the purchase. The ebay poster now has a judgement against them and has never contacted Ebay or me regarding the purchase. I was fortunate. You go the route of moneygram good luck.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Hey guys,

thanks.
Tell the seller that your uncle is a police officer in the seller's city and that you can arrange for the seller to meet your uncle at his police station and collect the cash and handover the headlights at the same time....

:byee55amg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ask him where he live. And tell him u have a uncle in that city & he's willing to drop cash and pick it up for me and see what happen.

Do not do MG!

·
Registered
178 Posts
offer him paypal or cash on delivery. moneygram or any non refundable cash payment is only for reputable sellers or people you personally know.

maybe there is a forum member in this guys area, call him out just for fun but as others have said most likely a scam.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Cash on Delivery is something even an honest seller wont do since they will think they are going to get scammed.

As for a moneygram, do not do it. It secures them the funds and they have no transaction record that he owes you anything (emails wont count), so its the easiest way to get ripped off.

I can understand some peoples concerns with PayPal, but it really is the best way to make a transaction online. As a previous retailer, I have been screwed over by PayPal as well, but it didnt stop me from accepting that form of payment. But if he is out to rip someone off, he will not entertain any forms of payment in person, or through an intermediary that can protect the buyer.

If you have a funny feeling, just walk away.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
My guess is it's a scam.

NEVER send money in any way shape or form that does not offer YOU protection.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
SCAM written all over it. I bet it's a Nigerian Prince selling the headlights. hiha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts