BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a huge dilemma. I leased a six speed 2008 M5 two years ago and now my lease will be up on the 15th Dec. My husband is insisting that I decide between a X5 (5.0 V8), a X5 M or a 750i with the sports M package. In reality I really don't want any because I want the new M5 but i will have to wait about a year or so whenever they are going to being released.

So here is my issue: which one would you recommend and if you have either of the cars, opinions are welcomed.

I am also interested in the Porsche Panamera to do something completely different. I use to have Cayenne Turbo which I really liked.

Also I plan on doing a 3 year lease and when the M5 comes out I'll post the current vehicle I will be purchasing on Swap a Lease. So one of the other factors I would like feedback on is which car would be more attractive as a lease transfer in 12-16 months from now.

Some might be wondering why the x5 (5.0 V8) is the mix. It' significantly cheaper (about 25%-30% cheaper) and a great value for the money, but after owning a M car, I'm not to sure. I have test driven all of them but still indecisive.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the F10 550. The 7 series too big and for NBA ballers (joking).

You know I figured just based on the fact its the same size of the M5 and has that great motor, I would have to say I was disappointed with the 550 with the sport package. I know I might sound crazy but the 750i drove much better then the 550i with the sport package. In my opinion the 750i sport felt just as quick and the ride was much better. I expected the 550i to feel much faster but it didnt. But I have a few friends that have driven both and felt the same way...The 550i M sport package seemed like the perfect car for me and it was a part of the list but after driving it, I lost all interest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
UPDATE........Went and drove all the above options today, back to back today so we could do an apples to apples comparison (not saying all the cars were equal) just that we were able to compair them side by side. As of today I can say without doubt that there is a huge difference between the X5 V8 and the X5M.

I am not in any way saying that X5 V8 is bad car it is very good SUV and very impressive, but driving the X5 V8 and then jumping into the X5M I realized althought they are very similar in many ways and yes you can do software on the X5 V8 to bring it to similar power to the X5M. But the one thing I realized today was the BMW engineers have put alot of thought and time to give any M car enthousit and owners the special feel that BMW provides for all there M divison vehicals.

On the other hand I did drive the 550i with sport package and although another great car, I just wasnt very impressed, the best part for us today was that BMW M group did a great job on the X5M compairing it to the X5 V8, so I can only imagine how great the next M5 will be.

As for one of our other choices 750i with M sport package, Ive driven that car several times and this car never disappoints, its very impressive despite being a large luxary crusier.... So were basicly down to the X5M and the 750i with M sport package, after todays test drives were leaning toward the X5M, but if we get a great deal on the 750i then well take that. Ultamitly we want the new M5 like many on the M5 board. For now were going to sleep on it and see how we feel tomorrow. But I think the X5M or the 750i will be great for the mean time whie we suffer haha (j/K):2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why not buy out the lease on my M5 when it expires or extend the lease with BMW for another 12-24 months then lease an F10 M5 when it comes out in 13? Is there something wrong with your M5 (too many miles or other)?
The buy out on the lease is horrible, and BMW will only extend the lease a month or 2, unless you have a new order # in the system I think and then they will give you up to 6 months. I will say I have owned #3 M5's so far: 2001, 2006, and 2008 and I can safely say I loved them all and I will miss them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.