BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
last winter I totalled my 528 and am looking into buying a new BMW. Since I live in Poland there're not many of them around but managed to spot a B10 3.2 on here
Pictures.
. It has around 200 000 km and was slightly dented from behind but is all fixed now (bumper and the hatch). It has a service book with all the service done at Alpina up to until around 175 000 kms and looks generally in good shape. He upgraded the headlights to the angel eyes, rear lights and put in a GPS unit (new ones 16x9). I managed to get the price down to 56000 zl which is approx 13650 euro or 9200 pounds. Is it a good deal?
I was wondering if you could tell me what're the things that I should look out for when buying one of these. Do they have a high oil consumption like the 3.3s? The guy told me that it uses approx 2.5l every 10000 kms. Also what're they like for getting parts. I know that the front shocks are different from the standard BMW ones. What about the breaks ( the front pads are same as in 540 and rear as in 528 but what about the discs)? What're the things that're most likely to go wrong with them, and which ones of them I can't get off the shelf at the BMW dealership and how much would they cost me in Germany (I'd just get them shipped). Thanks for your help guy.
Regards,
Raphael
Ps. I tried browsing this website for any info but couldn't find it. If it was touched upon earlier please accept my appologies.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow very nice car! Good price, but dont know about polish market price. Dont have any answer for you, but good luck!

Raph said:
Hi,
last winter I totalled my 528 and am looking into buying a new BMW. Since I live in Poland there're not many of them around but managed to spot a B10 3.2 on here
Pictures.
. It has around 200 000 km and was slightly dented from behind but is all fixed now (bumper and the hatch). It has a service book with all the service done at Alpina up to until around 175 000 kms and looks generally in good shape. He upgraded the headlights to the angel eyes, rear lights and put in a GPS unit (new ones 16x9). I managed to get the price down to 56000 zl which is approx 13650 euro or 9200 pounds. Is it a good deal?
I was wondering if you could tell me what're the things that I should look out for when buying one of these. Do they have a high oil consumption like the 3.3s? The guy told me that it uses approx 2.5l every 10000 kms. Also what're they like for getting parts. I know that the front shocks are different from the standard BMW ones. What about the breaks ( the front pads are same as in 540 and rear as in 528 but what about the discs)? What're the things that're most likely to go wrong with them, and which ones of them I can't get off the shelf at the BMW dealership and how much would they cost me in Germany (I'd just get them shipped). Thanks for your help guy.
Regards,
Raphael
Ps. I tried browsing this website for any info but couldn't find it. If it was touched upon earlier please accept my appologies.

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
Sounds like a decent price.

Any idea of the production number? That will allow me to check my history files for more information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hengst said:
Wow very nice car! Good price, but dont know about polish market price. Dont have any answer for you, but good luck!

Thanks man. I'm mostly concerned though what should I look at when I'll be buying it and does it like oil as much as 3.3? The guy told me that he needs to add 2.5 liters every 10000k. Is that normal or understated?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
kees said:
Sounds like a decent price.

Any idea of the production number? That will allow me to check my history files for more information.

It's number 48 I think out of 71 or 72, so that'd suggest late 1998 or early 1999. If you could pull up any info on this baby, I'd be greatfull.

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
Raph said:
It's number 48 I think out of 71 or 72, so that'd suggest late 1998 or early 1999. If you could pull up any info on this baby, I'd be greatfull.
Of the B10 3.2 Touring a total of 72 were produced. This particular car is from 9/1998.

For more details see PM

·
Registered
153 Posts
Isn´t 2,5 liter oil / 100 K KM A BIT MORE THEN NORMAL FOR THAT ENGINE? What oil does he use SLX or TWS, if its TWS and still that consumption you might have to be causious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AlpinaB8 said:
Isn´t 2,5 liter oil / 100 K KM A BIT MORE THEN NORMAL FOR THAT ENGINE? What oil does he use SLX or TWS, if its TWS and still that consumption you might have to be causious.

The guy uses Castrol RS (10-60). What I would really like to know is, how many miles do these engines do before they'll have to go for an overhaul and which particular bits do go wrong in B10s (ie what should I look out for when checking the car out)? ??????
Raph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts