BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

Couple of years ago i asked about the E60 M5 and brought one from advice on here, so here i am again looking for more.

Im looking at buying a 13-14 plate F10 M5 and with a budget of about 25k i'd say ill find a decent one.

Im looking for advice on mainly common problems, though they cant be worst than the E60 ;). Anyway what niggles have you had owning yours? I look for reviews on youtube but its mainly people saying "its fast and buy one" nothing else really.

Also whilst im here warrenty, i will buy it with it but what price am i looking at, bumper to bumoer cover etc.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One would think most people on here are biased toward M5 - so they most likely encourage you to buy one ...

That being said - for me it is been a great experience overall - happy with the choice made - and enjoyed driving it every day in past 6 and half years.

But you got to be aware that there are a lot of things that can go wrong with the S63/s63tu engines, specially if it was not maintained well. Aside from that - it delivers comfort and performance in one package - hard to find out there ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone comment on rod bearing failures? I know the common conception is these aren't an issue on the F10 chassis, but I have found a number of threads on this forum where users have engine failure attributed to bearings.

Has anyone priced out the replacement job? I know E9x M3s and E39 M5s are about $2300-$2700. Is the cost similar on the F10?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts