BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am finally on the edge of buying a M5 and i know that some M5's have some isues so what do I need to check and what will be the ideal used M5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi i think the later car you can afford the better things will be , 07 onwards as it was slightly face lifted , but as long as BMW can confirm all recalls and that it had its 1200mile service and has warranty you should be okay.Just by one they are awesome , had a blast with a Ferrari 430 today and it had no chance i was 3 up too !!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Make sure it has tires........

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would personally buy one made after (not sold after) Apri 06. Seems to be better experience with tranny and VANOs (but mine was after and had VANOs so who knows).

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Hi i think the later car you can afford the better things will be , 07 onwards as it was slightly face lifted , but as long as BMW can confirm all recalls and that it had its 1200mile service and has warranty you should be okay.Just by one they are awesome , had a blast with a Ferrari 430 today and it had no chance i was 3 up too !!
LCI facelift started with the '08 models (4/07 production and later). 07 model year is pre-LCI.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will go for a warranty. It is possible to buy an warranty from bmw?
low mileage, service and warranty are the ones to check.
I am bringing along my own mechanic any mechanic things he need to check.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would have the car checked by another dealer who is not selling you the car and ask them what they can tell you about the car's history.

Definately buy under warranty and have a good look for any obvious signs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts