BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an E60 M5 (2006) and there are many factors I consider before buying a car but the single most important factor for me is buying an E60 M5 that is FULLY LOADED.

Curious to hear what other buyers are looking for as far as the most important factors in buying an E60 M5.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
For me, the deal breakers were any car lacking Active Seats or HUD.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Lets just say, I think I have the only M5 that broke $100k

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Sure. MSRP was $99,955 + rear trunk mat for $95 put me at $100,050. It is not what I paid, but I have not seen another M5 with an MSRP of over $99,955.

The car is missing no factory options, it even has a few that is not listed on BMWUSA website.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sure. MSRP was $99,955 + rear trunk mat for $95 put me at $100,050. It is not what I paid, but I have not seen another M5 with an MSRP of over $99,955.

The car is missing no factory options, it even has a few that is not listed on BMWUSA website.
You beat me. Mine was $98,870 before tax. Missing just rear-side airbags and rear seat heaters. BMWUSA site seems to miss a few things for sure. I paid for the trunk mat too, it's great.

I worked a lovely discount when buying my brand new beast.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine broke $100k too.

Every option but the automatic sliding sun-shades. MSRP was $99,380 + goodies (rear mat etc), of course I didn't pay that but that's what it sticker priced at.

I just don't see the point in the sliding shades when front/rear window tint is legal in our state. So I just black them out anyways.

Other than that, if you're paying $90k+ for a car, adding a few thousand more to get every option doesn't change my view of buying it. If you can afford the 90k chances are you can afford the 100k too, so why regret not getting an option you may want later?

I opted for no Satellite radio once on a new car cause I didn't want to spend the $600, then my wifes new car had it and I kicked myself for not spending it. Since I tend to keep my luxury/sports vehicles for some time, I say load the thing up!

All options or bust! Besides it's easier to sell a car with more than it is to sell a car with less... you rarely hear a buyer say "Man, I really didn't want heated front seats..." but you always hear "Man I love the car, I just wish it had heated front seats..."

Think about it...

-F

·
Registered
682 Posts
All those extra options also add weight...

I would prefer to have few of my mandatory options removed...like the sunroof and PDC.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would so love to have had the Sunroof deleted!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mine broke $100k too.

Every option but the automatic sliding sun-shades. MSRP was $99,380 + goodies (rear mat etc), of course I didn't pay that but that's what it sticker priced at.

I just don't see the point in the sliding shades when front/rear window tint is legal in our state. So I just black them out anyways.

Other than that, if you're paying $90k+ for a car, adding a few thousand more to get every option doesn't change my view of buying it. If you can afford the 90k chances are you can afford the 100k too, so why regret not getting an option you may want later?

I opted for no Satellite radio once on a new car cause I didn't want to spend the $600, then my wifes new car had it and I kicked myself for not spending it. Since I tend to keep my luxury/sports vehicles for some time, I say load the thing up!

All options or bust! Besides it's easier to sell a car with more than it is to sell a car with less... you rarely hear a buyer say "Man, I really didn't want heated front seats..." but you always hear "Man I love the car, I just wish it had heated front seats..."

Think about it...

-F
My thoughts exactly, it makes no sense to get cheap when it comes to options. Also, a deal breaker for me was full leather. They had one 2 months before mine was set to come in, all the same options, but it had extended leather. Couldnt be happier with my decision.

·
Registered
232 Posts
All those extra options also add weight...
Sure, but if I cared about a marginal amount of pounds, probably for performance reasons, I wouldn't be buying the M5 to begin with.

If I wanted a light weight performance car, then that's what I would buy.

To me, the M5 is an everyday race car that seats 5... although many M5 owners push them to their limits and do 1/4 mile runs with mod after mod after mod to shave off fractions of a second, to me barreling down a highway or a track only to be 1 car length ahead or behind another similar performing vehicle doesn't have much merit to me. Does the difference between a 11.9 second run and a 11.6 second run matter to me? Not really... I have other cars that are for the gut wrenching adrenaline rush of speed in a short time.

I care more about how the car feels when I drive it, and the M5 is a high performance luxury vehicle, and with luxury comes options, gadgets, and cool toys that make the car that much more enjoyable, and still puts a smile on my face when I smash on the gas pedal.

The only time I would want to "remove" an option, would be for the options reliability. Right now on my 335i Coupe, nothing pisses me off more than the crappy seat belt arms that come out when you get in the car. They are flimsy, continually spring apart and get "stuck", and are just poorly designed. That is an option I wish I could "remove" ...

But I digress... to each their own, as long as we're all happy with our rides, that's all that really matters right? :)

-F

1 - 12 of 12 Posts