BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS, JUST A HEADS UP WHEN PURCHASING AFTER MARKET NAVIGATION DVD. SOME ARE PROGRAMMED TO DO TRICKS AND STUFF WHEN THEY START OR HAVE ADDED OPTIONS. BMW COMPUTER DRIVES ARE NOT MADE FOR THIS AND SOMETIMES YOU WILL GET A DVD READ ERROR. IF ONLY THE DVD IS STRAIGHT SOFTWARE WITH NO TRICKS IT WILL WORK AS ADVERTISED. ALMOST HAD BMW TEAR APART MY DASH FOR THE CHEAP AFTERMARKET CRAP.:santasmile2::cheers:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think this thread would hold more backing if you provided information as to where you bought your DVD(s).

*.img FTW :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
GUYS, JUST A HEADS UP WHEN PURCHASING AFTER MARKET NAVIGATION DVD. SOME ARE PROGRAMMED TO DO TRICKS AND STUFF WHEN THEY START OR HAVE ADDED OPTIONS. BMW COMPUTER DRIVES ARE NOT MADE FOR THIS AND SOMETIMES YOU WILL GET A DVD READ ERROR. IF ONLY THE DVD IS STRAIGHT SOFTWARE WITH NO TRICKS IT WILL WORK AS ADVERTISED. ALMOST HAD BMW TEAR APART MY DASH FOR THE CHEAP AFTERMARKET CRAP.:santasmile2::cheers:
You got the "bmwnavigationmaps" dvd with the speed traps, didnt you? FYI they're out of business.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i downloaded a 2011 map with cameras the other day and put it in the car, does it show speed cameras? red light cameras? i dont see a difference from my 2009 dvd..do you have to turn it on? does it show some symbol? i do see red lines on the streets im on from time to time but not sure what that is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts