BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have come to my senses and realized that no matter how inexpensive a 750li is the M5 is me and I am the M5 and What is the Matrix? My lease is up on my 06' with 22k and can be purchased for $59K. Or do I try and find a killer deal on an in-stock 08' M5 and lease again. I see many manuals but really enjoy SMG. Anyway seeking advice, comments etc.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
994 Posts
Buy it. You know where it's been and the 08s are barely changed. Just freshen up the rear lights.

It's going to lead the class until 2011, when the next M5 arrives.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
It all depends on the numbers. Figure that you will not keep the 06 for more than another 3 years so the mathe should be pretty easy. Also, there is the warranty issue to consider on one hand and break-in hassle on the other.

Are you in a situation where leasing has any tax advantages?

Again, all depending on the numbers (and I assume there would be some very attractive deals on leasing an 08 right now), I would think a good option would be a 36-42 month lease of an 08 which should match up nicely for getting the F10.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thanks for the feedback, part of me wants to keep mine-its allready broken in, but i'm finding leases that are pretty hard to pass up.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
In addition to the good comments previously made, how has the reliability & ownership experience been with your '06?

If it's been trouble free & you've enjoyed it, buy it, of course depending on the numbers offered.

Depreciation is usually the steepest the first 4-5 years, with the next 4-5 relatively flat.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
If you lease new now, you'll be back again in 2 years with the same question.....;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
What was the MSRP for the car? If it was 96-97ish, then 59K is a fair price for buying your car. If MRSP was low 90's or less, then you might be paying too much for your car. Aside from that, if you can get a killer lease deal, get a new car.
Al

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I would also like to add that if you you do decide to buy your current car, negotiate the buy out price. The dealer does NOT want your car back so you should be able to get a few bucks off or a better price with a dealer provided warranty. It never hurts to ask....

Cheers ///

1 - 11 of 11 Posts