BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 00 front bumper has some cracks down low that are bad enough that there is material actually missing; I Had it fixed/resprayed once before but the cracks all came back...Really didn't want to pony up for the cost of a new oem cover/spray (yet anyway) so against my better judgment I bought some of those AC Schnitzer Chinese knock off flippers; with the idea that i would glue (3M 4200 marine adhesive sealant) and fasten the things on to cover up damage and somewhat reinforce the bumper cover.

The parts were like a hundred bucks *Painted* to match the car...On receipt I was a bit hesitant to install for fear of looking a bit boy racer-ricey, so they sat gathering dust...Finally got up the courage to install and now i am actually pretty pleased.

Really does a good job of covering up all the lower bumper damage, and with six self drilling screws (attached from the inside-out) and GOBS of adhesive, they feel pretty stout too! I am a bit nervous about hitting anything though since they appear to be little more than foam plugs with a thin veneer of GRP ...

Note: The front cover feels much stiffer now, the bottom covers and bumper have a much re solid 'feel' to them...

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Turned out nice! Perhaps, you could post some pics of the complete car so an overall view with splitters is shown, if you have the time. Thumbs up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looking good,

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks pretty good - I agree with wentouch, get some more pics of your car up so we can see the overall look ;)

Did you have to remove the wheel arch liners to fit these?

·
Registered
419 Posts
not bad..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only had to remove the corner under bumper corner pieces: 3 8mm screws in wheel wells and about four 10mm under each corner...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the same ones... And when doing some spirited driving i notice they get chipped up by little from rock chips.... better the cheap stuff than the bumper :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good!! Now it's time to change your wheel badges an paint those grills.:goldcup:
I actually like the stock grilles..."Black Chrome" maybe...I did install some ebay black ones and they looked cheap IMHO...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
very nice do you have the old ebay link

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts