BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ran accross a bugundy (I think) e39 M5 with plates "S3 M5" California in San Diego today. My wife says "what are you drooling over" as we pulled up next to the beast in our old Chevy Tahoe (picture Chevy Chase in Vacation here...family in back, roof carrier on top....). Unfortunately, the light changed before we pulled up next to the driver :(. That thing sounded so SWEEEEEET as it pulled away.

My wife, in a brief moment of generosity, says "Since you like it so much, how much would it cost if we did that to YOUR car?" When I told her the price, her face changed, and I get "your car is fast enough already, right?"

Anyway, beautiful car...just curious if it is owned by a Board member.

Brian

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Yes, that would be our very own "DRM", or Dan for those who call him their friend (I don't, he's a jerk!) ;)...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
And yes, Dan has the full monty Dinan S3 package.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Hello Brian......

'Sorry I pulled away before you could signal me. Thanks for the compliment!! Funny, I met with some fellow M5Board members for lunch today, in Poway (Cosmos, Keang24, blau M5, P97, rayploy, kgikiller). Where were you when you guys spotted me??

BTW, 'official factory color of my M5 is Chiaretto Red Metallic. Also BTW, tell your wife an S3 pkg isn't as much $$$ as you probably told her. We need a Sterling Grey S3 in Calif!! (My good friend and Board member "Hawkwind" ((Duncan)) has that color - classy and beautiful!!) I can set you up!!:)

'Hope you and your family enjoyed San Diego. I was just through your "neck of the woods" a few weeks ago. Gorgeous country up there.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'Sorry I pulled away before you could signal me. Thanks for the compliment!! Funny, I met with some fellow M5Board members for lunch today, in Poway (Cosmos, Keang24, blau M5, P97, rayploy, kgikiller). Where were you when you guys spotted me??

BTW, 'official factory color of my M5 is Chiaretto Red Metallic. Also BTW, tell your wife an S3 pkg isn't as much $$$ as you probably told her. We need a Sterling Grey S3 in Calif!! (My good friend and Board member "Hawkwind" ((Duncan)) has that color - classy and beautiful!!) I can set you up!!:)

'Hope you and your family enjoyed San Diego. I was just through your "neck of the woods" a few weeks ago. Gorgeous country up there.
Hi Dan!
So it was you! Kind of nice to put a car/face with such an active Board member. You car is a beauty....can't get over the SOUND (and you weren't even "on it"!:thumbsup:

I am down here in San Diego this week doing the Sea World/Zoo tourist thing with my family for my middle daughter's 10th birthday. We get so many tourists in SB this time a year...it's kind of funny being one myself.:7:

To answer your question....I pulled up nearly alongside of you near the I805/I5 junction. I believe you were heading West, I was in the left turn lane getting back on the 5 (we did the obligatory tourist thing and missed the I5 takeoff the first time around so had to go back and do it again)

Beautiful country down here too! Bet my daughter ends up going to college down here in a couple of years.

Anyway, love your Beast

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Beautiful country down here too! Bet my daughter ends up going to college down here in a couple of years.

Anyway, love your Beast

Cheers,
Brian
Hope you're thinking UCSD :).

USD = University of Spoiled Daughters. My roommate is a USD grad. Don't let them sell you on the "It's a dry campus..." theory. I attended some of the wildest parties I've ever seen on the USD campus (in the dorms, no less) several years ago while my roommate was there. Those spoiled girls are crazy.

SDSU = Party school. Despite what I just wrote above, USD girls have nothing on the wild child antics of SDSU girls.

Gross generalizations, I know, but if I had a daughter and she was looking into San Diego schools, I'd want to know those things...

UCSD girls are generally thought of as smart, quiet-er, possibly slightly bookworm-ish, etc., but they've got the least amount of negative stereotyping going against them.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
'Sorry I pulled away before you could signal me. Thanks for the compliment!! Funny, I met with some fellow M5Board members for lunch today, in Poway (Cosmos, Keang24, blau M5, P97, rayploy, kgikiller). >>>>

Hmm...guess I didn't get the notice.hmmm

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Ummm........

'Sorry I pulled away before you could signal me. Thanks for the compliment!! Funny, I met with some fellow M5Board members for lunch today, in Poway (Cosmos, Keang24, blau M5, P97, rayploy, kgikiller). >>>>

Hmm...guess I didn't get the notice.hmmm
YOU need to read the fu*king Board!! This thing (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115538 ) was announced and planned weeks ago; with a continuing thread. I figured you didn't respond 'cause "Blue Belle" wasn't ready, or something.:hihihi:

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I think JD's car was probably out getting the hood cloudscaped just the way he's always wanted it.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope you're thinking UCSD :).

USD = University of Spoiled Daughters. My roommate is a USD grad. Don't let them sell you on the "It's a dry campus..." theory. I attended some of the wildest parties I've ever seen on the USD campus (in the dorms, no less) several years ago while my roommate was there. Those spoiled girls are crazy.

SDSU = Party school. Despite what I just wrote above, USD girls have nothing on the wild child antics of SDSU girls.

Gross generalizations, I know, but if I had a daughter and she was looking into San Diego schools, I'd want to know those things...

UCSD girls are generally thought of as smart, quiet-er, possibly slightly bookworm-ish, etc., but they've got the least amount of negative stereotyping going against them.
Hi Ben,
Actually I WAS thinking of UCSD when I posted that message. As far as the "party schools", I graduated from UCSB in 1990....we had a....ahem...."coupla" parties while I was there:haha:. I also "knew" a couple of SDSU gals in my time....your description is right on:thumbsup:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
430 Posts
... so I guess I know where I should go for school if I decide to go back. :D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
>>>

Never check other sections. Someone has *always* posted something here before. I see how it is.:cool2:
Gustav has gotten mad at me for posting in the non-regional forums :(

so, people will have to check else where to keep up with the meets

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
Gustav has gotten mad at me for posting in the non-regional forums :(

so, people will have to check else where to keep up with the meets
Actually - it's normal for members on this messageboard to stick to some very simple and very basic house-keeping rules... What seems to be the problem to understand this...? :confused:

If you start using this as a childish excuse to divert members to your own forums you will be banned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts