BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching by part number, I found Bumper World- New England Reconditioned Bumpers and a primed front bumper cover is $$ less than Tischer, now it's OEM and primed, but refurbished and "flawless."

Any experience with these guys? There website really touts good satisfaction.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't know about those guys but I'll relate my story. I bought an OEM bumper over the net which was "primed" by a bumper salvage company. I had painted and I installed it to save $$$. For three years until I eventially relaced it I got numerous chipping of the paint and primer only to reveal the original silver paint underneath (on a carbonblack car - not a great sight). Obviously the "professional" didn't dewax the original finish before priming over. In my opinion, on a front bumper which is subject to road rash it just isn't worth taking too many short cuts. So, beware!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not to mention the fact that the place rarely actually has any bumpers in stock even though they are listed on the site. I checked with them for about 2 months before I ordered new ones.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a wonderful experience just getting an OEM primed bumper. The cheapest place I found was actually the local dealer since they didn't charge shipping, other websites wanted $130+ for shipping the thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a really good point about the unknown prep before primer. I rather have my body shop do the primer to be sure. But, for the extra $175 I thing that I'll stick with new OEM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts