BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised to see this on MTV Dance (channel 444). Followed them from London to Ibiza via France and Spain. To be honest there wasn't many cars in the run. Pete Tong took part in a Jaguar XJ and Roy (PolizeiM5 I think on this board) was driving a Morgan also the winner of the event. The organiser looked like the guy from the Gumball (David ??????). Have he and Max fallen out and he's decided to start up his own show?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Bull Run Ibiza and Bullrun USA

Andy-UK said:
Surprised to see this on MTV Dance (channel 444). Followed them from London to Ibiza via France and Spain. To be honest there wasn't many cars in the run. Pete Tong took part in a Jaguar XJ and Roy (PolizeiM5 I think on this board) was driving a Morgan also the winner of the event. The organiser looked like the guy from the Gumball (David ??????). Have he and Max fallen out and he's decided to start up his own show?
Yes, It's true. I participated last year in the Bullrun USA and Bullrun Ibiza - both amazing events with many former Gumballers driving. Team Polizei won the Best Team Trophy on the US Rally, arriving 2nd place for the unofficial time results in a Renntech MB CL600 (www.teampolizei.com). We also came in first for unofficial time results to Ibiza in Charles Morgan's personal Aero 8 - an amazing car. The US rally had 80+ cars and was amazing fun.

I'll be driving in both events this year. Team Polizei is off to LA for the US rally July 22nd-29th.

Check it out at www.bullrun.com

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
190 Posts
yourk said:
Alex, did you use your CB Radio in europe at all? Arent the frequencies different? Just curious.
We did not attempt to use the CB radio in Europe, as only Greg & Kalbas in the CLK-DTM had CB, and we forgot our CB handset back in NYC!

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
152 Posts

polizieim5 said:
Yes, It's true. I participated last year in the Bullrun USA and Bullrun Ibiza - both amazing events with many former Gumballers driving.
Hey Alex, i caught all the episodes of last years US Bullrun on UK tv last night, I noticed there was loads of 03 gumballers there, even the Cuban Brothers!

Quite some good footage of you, if you havent seen it. A Classic when you jump to the front of the traffic lights (via grass?) and there's a cop car right at the front and you calmly ask for the nearest gas station. Class.

But i have to ask, how much did it cost to get the Lambo fixed. For those who don't know, Alex borrowed a fellow Bullruner's eight day old Lambo for a few laps round a circuit, spun it and hit a wall. Lets just say the wall won. Resulting in an "Ant and Pete style" gaffer taping at the front. :sad2:

Quite a good programme, for people in the UK it was on Bravo, though i think its on Ftn too.

Thanks for keeping us all entertained, keep up the good work,

Dylan.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Dylan said:
Hey Alex, i caught all the episodes of last years US Bullrun on UK tv last night, I noticed there was loads of 03 gumballers there, even the Cuban Brothers!

Quite some good footage of you, if you havent seen it. A Classic when you jump to the front of the traffic lights (via grass?) and there's a cop car right at the front and you calmly ask for the nearest gas station. Class.

But i have to ask, how much did it cost to get the Lambo fixed. For those who don't know, Alex borrowed a fellow Bullruner's eight day old Lambo for a few laps round a circuit, spun it and hit a wall. Lets just say the wall won. Resulting in an "Ant and Pete style" gaffer taping at the front. :sad2:

Quite a good programme, for people in the UK it was on Bravo, though i think its on Ftn too.

Thanks for keeping us all entertained, keep up the good work,

Dylan.
Yes, that was me on the Bullrun, and yes, I did crash a friend's week old Murcielago. I had a minor accident on my 12th lap at Sebring in the wet. Luckily, the car belonged to a good friend, I paid the damage, and the Polizei were back in business, reputation and dignity intact.

A lot of Gumballers did both Bullruns last year, and I'm currently preparing to do the Bullrun USA 2005 starting on July 22nd in LA.

Best Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
23 Posts

polizieim5 said:
Yes, that was me on the Bullrun, and yes, I did crash a friend's week old Murcielago. I had a minor accident on my 12th lap at Sebring in the wet. Luckily, the car belonged to a good friend, I paid the damage, and the Polizei were back in business, reputation and dignity intact.

A lot of Gumballers did both Bullruns last year, and I'm currently preparing to do the Bullrun USA 2005 starting on July 22nd in LA.

Best Regards,

Alex

OOOO Alex, looks like the BullRun '05 is stopping in San Fran. I missed the freaking Gumball a few years back, friend had video of Lonman doing a donut on the intersection. Please tell me when you guys are near town, love to get some video and shots for everyone to see !

·
Registered
190 Posts
Grump said:
and euhh , when do you work ? :D
Luckily, my company's partial sponsorship of Team Polizei makes it possible to do at least one rally a year, if not the three I did in 2004. Also, being in the travel business makes it possible to mix business and rallying - I always schedule business travel to coincide with the rally schedule.

Best,

Alex
________

1 - 11 of 11 Posts