BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Also remember that the 540 uses a unique diff input flange compared to all other e34s.

It is the same flange as the e38 740 and e39 xxx

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, I agree with a 1:1 fifth gear a 3.91 rear is way too high , thanks for that.

I can't find the correct gear ratios for the M60B30/60 5 speed online ...

·
10,445 Posts
the color above looks like granite silver.

Not sure if it was answered but you want the B40 mafs, the b30 is smaller (same mafs used on b30 and m50b25).

When i had my 530iT i swapped a b40 intake manifold, throttle body and mafs (and software), it's been shown to be worth about 18-20hp at the wheels on a b30.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I bought a set of staggered M-Pars from Taffy yesterday which should go on the car with some new tyres this week. Probably Toyo T1R or Yokohamas depending on what's in stock.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the color above looks like granite silver.

Not sure if it was answered but you want the B40 mafs, the b30 is smaller (same mafs used on b30 and m50b25).

When i had my 530iT i swapped a b40 intake manifold, throttle body and mafs (and software), it's been shown to be worth about 18-20hp at the wheels on a b30.
Hi Mike,

I'll buy a new MAF anyway, dirt cheap for the M60B40 , $220 ex USA from pelican parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Toni,

I knw a guy in town runing around with 530 E34 with B44 supercharged engine on it. Another friend of mine also in the process of building 530 with B40 engine. I have M5 E39 gearbox if you are interested.

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the optimal ratio for the 6 speed would have to be a 3.23

This is the ratio I chose a year or so ago for my daily driven 540iA Touring (although it is an auto, the 5HP30 5th gear is 0.79, pretty much the same as 6th in the manual). It suits the car perfectly (at least, it suits perfectly in the UK!)

There is no way I'd go back to the original 2.93 open diff.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Toni,

I knw a guy in town runing around with 530 E34 with B44 supercharged engine on it. Another friend of mine also in the process of building 530 with B40 engine. I have M5 E39 gearbox if you are interested.

Cheers
I've heard of the supercharged B44 E28 but didn't now about the E34.

PM me on the E39 gearbox please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The E34 with supercharger its orange. The owner name is Indra Santoso. Knw him very well. We raced all the time.

I can't PM you cause im new and my post is less than 45. Why dont you take a look at it and make me an offer. Also have S38B38 engine. I was gonna put it on my E30 M3 but going with the S54 instead.

Taffy, my E34 is in Astra Cilandak. It was there for over 8 months before for the gearbox. Now its there again waiting for parts. I am doing a complete restoration on it.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
The E34 with supercharger its orange. The owner name is Indra Santoso. Knw him very well. We raced all the time.

I can't PM you cause im new and my post is less than 45. Why dont you take a look at it and make me an offer. Also have S38B38 engine. I was gonna put it on my E30 M3 but going with the S54 instead.

Taffy, my E34 is in Astra Cilandak. It was there for over 8 months before for the gearbox. Now its there again waiting for parts. I am doing a complete restoration on it.
E34 and E60 M5, E30 M3 , I like it !

Yes, I saw photos of the orange E34 , looks ok (not into orange personally) , write up at the time (I think on modifikasi.com) was without a supercharger.

Why don't you drop by Halim Airport sometime ? We are there most Saturday's from lunchtime until 9pm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rudy never owned that car. He drove it sometimes and shows it around but its always mine. You could call him and verify it with him. I think i met you Taffy. Im the guy with the silver E55 AMG.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)

Go to the airport and there's a P-51 Mustang on a pole, turn left there and tell the military police you are a visitor for Pak Tony at Gudang Trikora.

I'll PM you my phone number

Don't go into the Angkasa Pura civilian side of the airport, you have to turn left before the Mustang when coming from Cawang

21 - 40 of 186 Posts