BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
On the driver's door jamb below the strike.

Reactions: Enrico 2000

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figures . I know the left front fender and driver's door area were repainted due to an accident from PO. Bodyshop must have removed the decal because there is nothing there. Anywhere else it could be found?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it ! Build date 03/2000
Production code DE93
Any issues to be aware of? I know the piston ring design was changed that year but not sure which month.
I don't drive the car everyday but after 5 months of ownership and 900 kms I did not notice any significant oil consumption.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Kinda related, my 2000 had the VIN label removed along with all other labels for some strange reason. I looked for labels on Real OEM but the VIN label isn't listed. Anyone tried to replace this? Factory only issue or can it be ordered through the dealer?

I did the same research as you OP to find out the build date on this car etc. From what I saw the NEW pistion rings didn't start going in until April 2000, but maybe I read it wrong. March cars still had old rings? As mine was June build I kinda stopped reading when I knew this car had the new rings.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I think the last 7 are there as well
Oh I have the VIN thanks. I just wanted to replace the label that is missing, I'm anal like that LOL. Real OEM shows most of the replacement labels, except that one.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't think you can get that. For a good reason too.

RY

LOL yeah maybe. But just a sticker. VIN is stamped into metal on shell in a couple of places and is rivetted to the dash so not like anyone goes soley by the sticker. You can buy a key from the dealer with the VIN and "proof" of insurance. So a sticker seems like it shouldn't be a big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts