3,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Bugatti Veyron and the CCXR are exquisite without a doubt BUT this will kick their arses for much less money.

Oh but forgot this is an updated dyno :eek:oohhh:

If I had it to spend a Lambo LP670-4 SV with an UGR TT engine build would be an automotive dream. lovelove

Ranger

That's crazy! I wan't some of what they're smoking :) (Antd the SV of course)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
WTF 1938 awhp !! :eek:h:

but how much $$$ ??
UGR will do an engine build for your Lambo, say a stage II which will produce 1000 awhp on 93 pump gas for ~ $65K.
This is solid bullet-proof power and reliability.
A stock Gallardo is about 410 to 430 awhp so it's about a near 600 awhp gain. ;)
That's about $110/awhp ... not bad

Oh btw MiamiSixer these guys aren't smoking anything. This is as real as it gets for HP development.

Ranger

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is freaking insane....how does the tranny hold up on that much HP? I assume it's a 6 speed to hold that power?? I think I just found a new toy...wonder if they could do that in a R8.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw a Heffner twin turbo r8 at the mile race. I think it is ridiculous comparing modified cars to Buggati just like nobody like to compare their M6 or Gallardo to a 6, 7,8 or 9 second mustang. Mustang to M6 cost difference $70k, Gallardo to Bugatti, $800+k. I read the Bugatti maintenance cost is $300k a year. Who run into Buggati Veyron on the street anyways.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Saw a Heffner twin turbo r8 at the mile race. I think it is ridiculous comparing modified cars to Buggati just like nobody like to compare their M6 or Gallardo to a 6, 7,8 or 9 second mustang. Mustang to M6 cost difference $70k, Gallardo to Bugatti, $800+k. I read the Bugatti maintenance cost is $300k a year. Who run into Buggati Veyron on the street anyways.
I bet more often than you'd expect in the oil rich areas of the Middle East.

-b.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
That is freaking insane....how does the tranny hold up on that much HP? I assume it's a 6 speed to hold that power?? I think I just found a new toy...wonder if they could do that in a R8.
Here you go. It's for the V10 but I'm sure they can do the V8.

http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/audi-r8-v10.html

Here's Heffner Performance for the Audi R8 but not as detailed.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/heffner_audi.htm

To your question on the engine builds in the Lambos. They can and do the builds with the E-gear cars. These guys have all down on how to do it right.
Heffner is in Sarasota,FL which is convenient but Underground will come in their transport and pick-up and deliver your car as part of their service.

To the comment above about the comparisons I would like to respond but best let it go.

Ranger

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
If I had the money (which I never will), I think I'd seriously consider the blown Lambo LP-670 (but not the Gallardo) instead of a Veyron. The Lamborghini looks 10 times better and neither is a daily driver sort of car so comparison of rational features would not factor in for me.

Almost 2K of HP in an street car makes no sense, but that does not mean I don't lust after it!

I grew up dreaming of owning a Miura, so I've always wanted the Bull. The Veyron is a fine engineering example of what VW/Audi can produce and I applaud them for it. But it looks like an Audi TT on steriods to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts