BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all I'll soon be giving my car a full re-spray and want to keep it the same colour(bluey purple). It was manufactured in 92(k). Please could someone help on what the colour name and code is?
Kind regards
Paul

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Isn't your BiTurbo in Macaoblau (colorcode 250). You'll find it on a sticker on one of the front suspension towers in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kees for your quick response at the moment the cars in the garage but I will have a look on Monday.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Would the original colour be Alpina Blue FE 86-5489? is this the Bluey purple colour

·
Registered
821 Posts
The camera does lie but from the pictures I've seen of your car I'd say it was indeed Macaoblau, which was the same a my old E34 M5.

Ignore that last remark - I'm confusing your car with another one in the UK. I've just checked your gallery and, yes, yours looks like Alpina blue!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you chas I wasn't sure what colour it was I thought Alpina only produced these cars in blue, red and green

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is indeed Alpina Blue is the paint mixed by BMW the same as if purchased from Alpina?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts