BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the perceived wisdom for replacing BT front discs? I've searched the forum on this topic but I'm not finding very much.

My calipers are fine, I just need to replace the discs. Are these only available from the dealer or is there another alternative? Does anyone have an idea of cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
there are several opinions with other discs. As far as I remember the discs from the 740d e38 will fit.....if they work, I don´t know. As I said different opinions from different people here on the board.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
there are several opinions with other discs. As far as I remember the discs from the 740d e38 will fit.....if they work, I don´t know. As I said different opinions from different people here on the board.
E38 750 334 mm disc and M-B W140 600 ((s class)) pads..

well known replacement kit for BT owners
and cheap

·
Registered
885 Posts
MB pads are fine but i had bad experiences with the 740/750 discs(heavy trembling very soon)

p.s just checked my bill i payed 650 euro's for the discs incl. tax and shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered one disc which was damaged by sticking caliper and a set of brake pads from Alpina for my 2001 D 10 Touring. Disc was 398 euros and pads 298 + shipping
Chris Jones

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
easy way out long term, change the whole brake set up, will be a lump to pay out now but cheaper in long run, or spend 400 notes on a set of disks, your choice, ps i binned the alpina brakes a long time ago, they are heavy and disks warp to easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts