BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone out there looking to do this mod soon? I have their 12" sub setup and honestly it is so strong that it is too much for me. I have the gain allthe way down and I still ned something smaller. Someone who likes real strong and rich bass would love it, but I want down size to one of their other smaller set ups. Here's a link:

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/478/196/BMW-E39-Subwoofer-System-E39-5-Series-M5/

If anyone is considering their 12" set up for their sub, please let me know and I'll make you a deal so I can call Micah and Halston and get something smaller.

Halston/Micah, if you happen to find someone looking for one of these please let me know. Maybe we can work it out to where I drive down there to swap it out with you guys for another if you find someone.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I was just looking at the subs on their site. how much you looking to get?

- Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Few points: the original BSW sub for the E39's was a 12 inch , they then introduced a 10" sub in a slimmer box that takes up less trunk space, that is what is show on the site now.

As for the bass level , you absolutely need a remote gain switch (on the punch amps it is a Bass Boost dial). I ran this into the center console on my BSW 10" sub, otherwise between FM radio, CDs and various quality levels on say an Ipod some songs will appear way to bass heavy or bass lite if you just leave the gain in one position. You can compensate to a certain degree with the DSP settings, setting up a custom profile for the iPod or CDs, but you'll still have some issues depending on the source. The remote bass control is $30, takes say 45 min to route and install.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim,
Let me check and see what I paid and I'll figure it out. I have had it for almost two years, and it is in perfect condition. Having said that, I am not trying to get top dollar, it would just be nice to sell it to another board member than doing the whole eBay crap. Honestly, I haven't even priced the new one yet... :)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
No problem, just let me know. send me a PM or something.

- Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,
I will talk to Micah on Monday to figure out what I paid. I probably have a receipt arond here somewhere, but it will be easier to call them tomorrow morning. From there, I can try to figure out what is fair for everyone.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Cool. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks man

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ALright guys, here is what I found out. I paid just under 500 for it two years ago. The replacement part I want with the smaller speaker is $479.

I asked Halston what I should ask for full enclosure with the 12" in it and he suggested $400 if it is in good shape, maybe accept a little less. Rather than haggle I am just going to ask $350 for it, shipping included (as long as I ship it in the US). I am not one to haggle and I want this to be a good deal for someone while also helping me get what I want which is a smaller subwoofer. The enclosure is flawless and the speaker is in perfect condition.

Tim, you have first shot and Cantresjr is next if Tim is not interested. I'll send you guys a PM as well. Feel free to respond either way.

THanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Subwoofer enclosure sold. As always, I love this board! What a great place to meet others with similar interests.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Subwoofer enclosure sold. As always, I love this board! What a great place to meet others with similar interests.
Once I get it set up, I will post pics of me rattling my car apart with the newfound bass. :cheers:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks 911,

Glad you found a buyer, and sorry I had to back out!

- Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will have plenty of bass, no worries there! :)

Tim, no worries there either. All is well in the end, as you truly weren't ready and Mike is wanting to put it in now, if you can't tell... :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Mike, I pulled a bonehead move and drove my 993 Twin Turbo because it is so pretty here today. I got to the office and read the e-mail I sent myself reminding me to go to Fed Ex with the subwoofer in the BMW trunk today and I'm not in it!!ouich

I will go ahead and go by the FedEx place to see if they have a box so I can pack it up tonight.:M5launch:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mike, I pulled a bonehead move and drove my 993 Twin Turbo because it is so pretty here today. I got to the office and read the e-mail I sent myself reminding me to go to Fed Ex with the subwoofer in the BMW trunk today and I'm not in it!!ouich

I will go ahead and go by the FedEx place to see if they have a box so I can pack it up tonight.:M5launch:
No problem. I've been there! Bonehead moves are more common as I reach middle age. It was nice here, too. I broke out the Z and drove it around a bit even though I work from home.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Package sent yesterday via FedEx. I will send you the Tracking number. You should have it tomorrow or Saturday. Let's chat about how to install once you get it. Very very easy.

Reactions: Mike (Austin)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts