BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Black Luxury interior (luxury, 2001) how would you describe the difference between the Bruyere and Burl wood trims, and does anyone know which trim is code 0438?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The walnut is more brown and the club is more yellow/orange. The walnut is more common on bimmers. Actually the burl looks like what my wife has in her 99 528i.

It would depend on the color of you interior and exterior, which would be most complementary. I've seen the club wood with caramel, very nice. Also with black it stands out more. Very luxurious looking.

I don't know the trim code, wasn't on my car.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Dolan:
The walnut is more brown and the club is more yellow/orange. The walnut is more common on bimmers. Actually the burl looks like what my wife has in her 99 528i.

It would depend on the color of you interior and exterior, which would be most complementary. I've seen the club wood with caramel, very nice. Also with black it stands out more. Very luxurious looking.

I don't know the trim code, wasn't on my car.

I have the Burl Walnut(code 438) on my black on black with extended/all leather. It is very rich looking. I would recommend it for any colour interior for that matter. Good luck

------------------

·
Registered
907 Posts
With Black Luxury, get (438) Burl Walnut. The Bruyere Club, in my opinion is too orangey for the dark interior. I have that combo on my 2000 and it's coming in a few weeks on my 2001.

MJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Will stick with Burl for Carbon black/black. Delivery in a few weeks!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Originally posted by MJ:
With Black Luxury, get (438) Burl Walnut. The Bruyere Club, in my opinion is too orangey for the dark interior. I have that combo on my 2000 and it's coming in a few weeks on my 2001.

Check this out, I think it looks good and so did BMW. http://www.e-wd.de/m5-msb/m5-1.jpg

MJ

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Great pics of the wood. Thanks, it makes choosing a bit easier.

Mark

00 Carbon Black
01 Lemans Blue (TBB) to be built

·
Registered
302 Posts
IMHO, Burl Walnut is also a better combination than Club Bruyere with the Caramel interior. The Club Bruyere is quite orange and would accentuate too much the pumpkin tone of the Caramel. The Burl Walnut provides a better contrast. I recognize the Club Bruyere is unique to the M5 while the Burl Walnut can be found on other BMW models. I chose the Burl Walnut with my Caramel interior and haven't regretted it!

Tom M
'00 Anthracite/Caramel All Leather

·
Registered
405 Posts
When ordering my LeMans blue with Black Leather my dealer warned me not to order the Bruyer as it often looks "orangeish". I am very pleased with my color selection with darker wood.

·
Registered
306 Posts
In the BMW 2000 M brochure, the Bruyere Club is the trim that looks like a darker, reddish brown while the Burr Walnut looks like a brighter orangey brown. It even looks this way on the bmwusa.com site. Why does this seem contrary to what everyone is saying here. Please help to clarify.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Originally posted by Italia:
In the BMW 2000 M brochure, the Bruyere Club is the trim that looks like a darker, reddish brown while the Burr Walnut looks like a brighter orangey brown. It even looks this way on the bmwusa.com site. Why does this seem contrary to what everyone is saying here. Please help to clarify.

Check it again, I think you have it backwards.

·
Registered
765 Posts
have bruyere club with black exclusive leather and avus blue car...never regretted a moment, had 528 before for sometime with burr walnut and was sick of it in the end, it looking like any merc/audi affair...dull and its like its not there at all...black with orangeish wood looks great...

------------------
SL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Requesting owners' pictures of both wood trims on black interior.....Can you please post them if you have them? BMWUSA.com's picture is too small, the brochure's pciture that Marlin provided looks somewhat orangey - I am not so sure it's walnult or club.

Thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think the Bruyere wood, though a tad too orange perhaps, gives my black exclusive all leather int. a warmer feel and a bit more dynamic look. The walnut/blk/exc in this case looks a bit flat to me though still nice. I liked the walnut in the sand interior of my 540. While passing by a 528i one day I noticed a rosewood looking wood trim on a blk int. It looked great and I thought of changing mine for that. I think the cost to change all the wood is about $1200.

[This message has been edited by basil (edited 12 November 2000).]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, my '97 528 had Varona as well but this may have been after or at the time of sale. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Verona but there was a kid in this car, parked at a shopping mall so I kept walking by, eyes locked on to the wood trim.

I have seen have seen a selection of various woods other than what normaly comes with these cars, some being available for the E39. I seem to recall seeing a rosewood sample. I was thinking of changing to walnut when my M came in but I'm very happy with Bruyere.

Cherry might be be nice over blk.(I'm sitting at my cherry desk), which reminds me that there's at least one person who does custom wood work. I'll elaborate if anyone's interested. Hey, how about inlaid work!
Ps. I liked the Varona as well.

[This message has been edited by basil (edited 12 November 2000).]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts