BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or does the wood come from the Bruyere Tree? :confused2

I have it in the M5 and it has a lot of character to it. It has lots of movement and I'm not sure if I like it because it's in there or if I'm growing towards it? I think when i first saw it, it looked Kinda Orangey.

Any thoughts on those who have seen it or have it?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yes, Bruyere wood actually comes from the Bruyere tree. I mean, where else??

The Bruyere tree is actually an off shoot of the Downey Birch variety which is indiginous to the wetlands of Kampuchea.

There it is harvested by the local Kampuchean's (sp?) and taken by rail to Dingolfing, Germany for final installation by registered Bruyere wood technicians.

In addition, each technician after completing the intensive installation program belongs to the select BMW Bruyere Club Wood installation fraternity.

Hence Bruyere Club Wood.

Thought you might like to know. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here's what I found...

Briar
The name is a corruption of the French word "bruyere", or heath tree, a low shrub found throughout Europe, though mainly around the Mediterranean. The true briar is only made out of the very hard, dry root of the mature shrub which may be anything up to 250 years old.

I like "Tranck's" explanation better though!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How Funny! Both your explanations were great :M5thumbs:

Although I would rather belong to a select BMW Bruyere Club Wood installation fraternity, than to a low shrub...??????

However, I think it's Kool that My Wood might be 250 yrs old:D

Thanks for the help

sAm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts