BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people here already have had dealings with Bruce in purchasing service contracts for the M5 or M6. By now most folks know he has a very positive reputation at this board, and at other BMW, Benz, and Audi boards.

As many of you know, I sold my M5 due to the fact that wife has been bugging me to get rid of it since the day I purchased it because she can't get any level of comfort in driving it. After much searching for a car that would meet my needs and which my wife can actually figure out how to drive, I decided to go with a W221 S-Class Benz. I reached out to Bruce to see what was available in my price range with very low miles where I could get a very affordable warranty. I opted for the S-600. Bruce didn't see any coming up on auction with the miles and price I was looking for, but always made himself available for any questions I had about the car (he really knows his stuff) and about getting a fair price. I was able to accomplish getting the car with the mileage I wanted at a price that Bruce agreed was more than fair, even though it wasn't from him.

I then reached out to him for help in getting it shipped to me. He could have told me to piss off, but being the man that he is, he offered to help me with his dealer connections in finding a good and reputable shipping company. I'm in the process of getting that started right now and will update the board later about how that went.

If any of you have had any doubts in working with Bruce regarding finding a car or purchasing a warranty, put those doubts aside and just do it. He is a valuable asset to this and many other boards....and his reputation precedes him.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Good luck with the new car man! Did you get the refreshed M/Y? (After 2010 or 2011 if I am right)

We used to have a 2012 S-class back home in Kazakhstan, but have since upgraded to the newer 2015 W-222 S500...very smooth and almost unbelievably comfortable.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes Bruce is definitely helpful to our community however the recent cancelation of Warranties has cast a bit of cloud on him. I hope he can figure out a solution quickly.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 with 26k miles. Brand new condition, 1 owner, full service records & maintained meticulously, previous owner is in his 70's. I'm looking forward most to the massaging seats. And also 600+ lb/ft of torque....stock!

I like the revised front end on the 2010+, but for $30-50k more in price with similar miles and nearly identical options, I can live without it. ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Bruce is definitely helpful to our community however the recent cancelation of Warranties has cast a bit of cloud on him. I hope he can figure out a solution quickly.
At least he hasn't disappeared like others do when things turn sour. I've read through that thread and it seems as if Warrantech must have gotten inundated by claims....and are looking for a way out. I'm sure their corporate nerds dug hard to find some sort of out. But the way it's been handled by them and the excuse that their using seems to defy logic, especially for owners who've had their policies for any length of time and have had claims paid. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
2007 with 26k miles. Brand new condition, 1 owner, full service records & maintained meticulously, previous owner is in his 70's. I'm looking forward most to the massaging seats. And also 600+ lb/ft of torque....stock!

I like the revised front end on the 2010+, but for $30-50k more in price with similar miles and nearly identical options, I can live without it. ;)
Get a Eurocharged software tune with the transmission flash.

My father's S65 AMG has the Eurocharged ECU flash and transmission tune it shreds tires through the first three gears. Guess that's what 850 ft pounds of torque does lol. Thing is a damn missile once the turbos spool!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get a Eurocharged software tune with the transmission flash.

My father's S65 AMG has the Eurocharged ECU flash and transmission tune it shreds tires through the first three gears. Guess that's what 850 ft pounds of torque does lol. Thing is a damn missile once the turbos spool!
The wheels have already been turning in my head on that one. Sadly, the tune only pushes torque up to 722 lb/ft in my lowly 5.5. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
agree

At least he hasn't disappeared like others do when things turn sour. I've read through that thread and it seems as if Warrantech must have gotten inundated by claims....and are looking for a way out. I'm sure their corporate nerds dug hard to find some sort of out. But the way it's been handled by them and the excuse that their using seems to defy logic, especially for owners who've had their policies for any length of time and have had claims paid. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
I share the feeling and want this to end in a positive way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts