BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some used angel eyes from a member, and the both headlight adjusters were broken. Im wondering if this is a common problem, and should I avoid buying used angel eye headlights?

If you are not aware of this problem, you can check it, if you try moving the projector from the rear, where the bulb is, if it wiggles around freely, its broken.

Should be covered under warranty.

tia

·
Registered
784 Posts
tomcz said:
I recently bought some used angel eyes from a member, and the both headlight adjusters were broken. Im wondering if this is a common problem, and should I avoid buying used angel eye headlights?

If you are not aware of this problem, you can check it, if you try moving the projector from the rear, where the bulb is, if it wiggles around freely, its broken.

Should be covered under warranty.

tia
Unfortunately I have seen this often times. The irony is that BMW list and sells replacement adjusters however you have to remove the lens to install them and I have never been successul.

Each time = new headlight

Take care

Shadowman

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
tomcz said:
That's cruel. I sold my amber with a broken adjuster, as it was stated. The buyer couldn't find a replacement adjuster for the AE. They only made adjusters for the non AE. The buyer then claimed that I sold him damaged lights and wanted a full refund, but he kept the bulbs. What a crook? I won the dispute.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I noticed a headlight kind of "wobble" when I'd go over bumps, and didn't think too much of it since they 'auto level'.

However it seemed to move a lot more on the left side. Sure enough, the adjustment threads had been broken when someone tried to adjust it. The shop foreman at the dealership tried to open the headlight assembly to fix it, but was unable to break the seal... so they replaced the whole headlight assembly under warranty!

Paul

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
pkarmouche said:
I noticed a headlight kind of "wobble" when I'd go over bumps, and didn't think too much of it since they 'auto level'.

However it seemed to move a lot more on the left side. Sure enough, the adjustment threads had been broken when someone tried to adjust it. The shop foreman at the dealership tried to open the headlight assembly to fix it, but was unable to break the seal... so they replaced the whole headlight assembly under warranty!

Paul
Recently had both mine done under warranty also. Seems like another weak spot that is starting to show with age.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts