BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel cap cover is loose because a plastic part is broken but I don't know how to remove it. I am afraid to loose the cover while driving. I suppose I have to remove part #4 from the car body but I do not see the way.

Any suggestion?

Side panel/tail trim - BMW parts catalog

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
As your plastic clip is already broken and they don't cost too much from BMW , you could just break the flap clear of the car .

The proper way to remove the fuel filler flap without breaking the clip is to push a small , flat bladed , screw driver through the gap in the clips to release a small black plastic tab and then slide the flap/prongs towards the rear of the car to release .

D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, next monday I will buy the clip from the dealer. It seems that the plastic is to rigid to be easily removed after 22 years of service.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's funny , i just threw out a broken one that was sitting on my tool box off an e34. The part was less than 20 bucks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey,
I just ordered that hinge for my M5. Mine was totaled today. So if you cant get it send me a PM I will see about getting it to you.
Jesse

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ginger, I live a couple kilometers away from the parts BMW central store in Spain so deliveries are quick when they have the part in stock. When not, they take some 10 days to arrive from Germany.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts