BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
had my buddy do a photoshoot of the car yesterday afternoon. decided to take advantage of the rare nice sunny days here in Seattle this time of year.

Waterfront area of West Seattle mixed with some industrial backdrops. He runs a side business as a photographer/web designer.

All criticism is welcomed. more pics to come........

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
It was nice out today. Pics look great and this makes me miss Sea-Town! Nice car too btw.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Sexy indeed! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Amazing! Good work! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh God I wish I had bought mine in that color.......nice photography man!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think my favorite is number four (left to right, starting from the top row) as we have all seen car shots and this is an unusual composition. I would have liked number five more, but I find the cell phone distracting in the background. Also, in #10, the pole jutting out of your hood is a distractionl, but I really like the background and contrasting colors . . . As I stare at these pix more, I am really starting to like number three, especially with the color tie-in of the roll up door . . . My preference would have been with the mirrors down (minor) and I would correct the horizon line by rotating clockwise a degree or so. This may also correct the disappearing concrete seam on the left side of the frame.

All in all, very nice work and I think I could learn a thing or two from you on post processing . . . Thanks for sharing, KH

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks for the comments guys.

KH - I agree with your observations. I too, would have liked the waterfront shot w/o that pole coming up from the hood. I regret having the mirrors up in too many pics as well...it does takes a bit away from the overal image continuity, as it tends to break the flow of the pic, by contrasting the image's horizontal left-to right flow w/ an abrupt upward angle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
KH - I agree with your observations.
It's always easier to be critical of someone else's work than take the shot on your own. :) Glad you appreciate the comments, they are the EXACT same issues I struggle with when I shoot . . . so they stick out to me like a sore thumb-- KH

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Great stance! Wow.

My favorite is the next to the last one. I like the blue touches in the background. Very nice composition contrasting the unfinished/industrial with the brilliantly finished & polished. But my favorite touch is the 'No parking' message on the garage door. Made me lol!

Dave

·
Registered
877 Posts
#2 is best - creates a ton of angles and smooth flowing lines. What can you possibly mean by "criticism welcomed"? Car is beautiful. Confidence baby!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I gotta say......the comments are making me think twice about selling the car......as promised here are some more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Nice...thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you are selling the car; it seems a pristine example.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I like the last shot in the OP. Likin those cranes.. (sorry, industrial aesthetic sneaking in)

beautiful car man.. and very nice photos too. nice color quality

- Tim

1 - 20 of 33 Posts