BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 285 Posts

·
m5board.com Site Sponsors
195 Posts
@BrenTuning sounds like a perfect time to offer a group buy dyno day at your shop.
It's really time consuming and labor intensive to tune more than a few of these in one day. We could probably do 5 one day and 5 the next. The cars would have to be prepped outside of our shop (hood latch setup properly, adaptations reset) as we will not have time to do that on 5 cars and also dyno tune them. It would definitely be a long day, but possible.

Let's get a count of how many people would be interested and we can go from there.

why not the 54 hp?
I don't know if you are trolling or genuinely interested. We never claimed 54WHP, the original thread that was posted claims 40WHP and all of the data and information we have put out claims 40WHP. You seem quick to volunteer members to try the product, if you're interested, why don't you purchase one yourself? You're just as capable as any of the members to provide data.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It's really time consuming and labor intensive to tune more than a few of these in one day. We could probably do 5 one day and 5 the next. The cars would have to be prepped outside of our shop (hood latch setup properly, adaptations reset) as we will not have time to do that on 5 cars and also dyno tune them. It would definitely be a long day, but possible.

Let's get a count of how many people would be interested and we can go from there.

I don't know if you are trolling or genuinely interested. We never claimed 54WHP, the original thread that was posted claims 40WHP and all of the data and information we have put out claims 40WHP. You seem quick to volunteer members to try the product, if you're interested, why don't you purchase one yourself? You're just as capable as any of the members to provide data.

[email protected]
I'm always interested in gaining positive outcomes for my car and for members of this forum. I'm interested in what your tune does for cars that have to run on 91 octane gasoline, such as what we have in California. if I were to purchase the tune, i would do so after some actual measured gains on 91 octane and I don't have the equipment to do so. In addition this would be my 3rd tune, so I naturally would like to see some results in addition to those on a dyno. I've been impressed by what Randy Wei and 5Soko were able to produce in their write-ups regarding some other modifications and that's why I'm interested in hearing their experience with your tune as they seem to be experienced with many different mods as well as tunes. I'd be delighted to gain 15 or 20 whp with your tune and would spend the money without hesitation if
the indicators were there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
93 oct pump is hard to find where I live, but as long as ~25 hp can be gained on a 91 with this tune, I should be good!

Any idea how many more days until the results come in?

·
Registered
127 Posts

[email protected]
I'd be interested depending on date. Can you PM the price of the tune. Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Why wait for someone else to get the tune, if u want it get it ppl. Either u can be a leader or continue to be a follower.

The tune will make improvements over a stock car and has made improvements over a tuned car already.

Tuner not named but Bren made 25hp over another companies tune. So if anyone does the math, how much should a tune make on a standard car, 20-30 and if Been improved the number by 25hp you do the math. That's 54hp for me and for an already tuned car 45hp increase.

As for 91octane maps, I'm sure Bren will be able to make a difference on a stock car as for tuned cars I can't speak on BC everyone is waiting for the next man to make a move.

·
195 Posts
@BrenTuning I'm down just give me a date
I'm going to start a list in the next post, anyone who is interested, copy and paste the list and add your name to the next spot!

I'm always interested in gaining positive outcomes for my car and for members of this forum. I'm interested in what your tune does for cars that have to run on 91 octane gasoline, such as what we have in California. if I were to purchase the tune, i would do so after some actual measured gains on 91 octane and I don't have the equipment to do so. In addition this would be my 3rd tune, so I naturally would like to see some results in addition to those on a dyno. I've been impressed by what Randy Wei and 5Soko were able to produce in their write-ups regarding some other modifications and that's why I'm interested in hearing their experience with your tune as they seem to be experienced with many different mods as well as tunes. I'd be delighted to gain 15 or 20 whp with your tune and would spend the money without hesitation if
the indicators were there.
I can guarantee that our map will make power over Eurocharged/Evolve/ESS/Active regardless of the fuel.

93 oct pump is hard to find where I live, but as long as ~25 hp can be gained on a 91 with this tune, I should be good!

Any idea how many more days until the results come in?
What results are you looking for? 25WHP over stock on 91 octane doesn't sound out of the realm of possibilities.

I'd be interested depending on date. Can you PM the price of the tune. Thanks.
If we can get a group of 5+ to prepay and they are all sorted like previously mentioned, we will dyno tune them for $695 each. Typically we will flash for that price, dyno tuning is $100/hour and usually takes 1-2 hours each.

[email protected]

·
195 Posts
List of members interested in dyno tuning their M5/M6's at BrenTuning in Charlton, MA. Price will be $695 each. Please copy and paste, don't quote this list.

1) Hindred
2)
3)
4)
5)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Why wait for someone else to get the tune, if u want it get it ppl. Either u can be a leader or continue to be a follower.

The tune will make improvements over a stock car and has made improvements over a tuned car already.

Tuner not named but Bren made 25hp over another companies tune. So if anyone does the math, how much should a tune make on a standard car, 20-30 and if Been improved the number by 25hp you do the math. That's 54hp for me and for an already tuned car 45hp increase.

As for 91octane maps, I'm sure Bren will be able to make a difference on a stock car as for tuned cars I can't speak on BC everyone is waiting for the next man to make a move.

I believe I've explained I already have a great tune but if 15-20 whp more is available through Bren, then I, and probably a considerable contingent of California drivers stuck on 91 octane would be interested in upgrading. However, if its just a couple or three whp, above what I already have, there's no way it can be justified or felt. So, I'm trying to find out what's real. In any case, this tune probably best for those with stock motors and it sounds like a good product.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
I believe I've explained I already have a great tune but if 15-20 whp more is available through Bren, then I, and probably a considerable contingent of California drivers stuck on 91 octane would be interested in upgrading. However, if its just a couple or three whp, above what I already have, there's no way it can be justified or felt. So, I'm trying to find out what's real. In any case, this tune probably best for those with stock motors and it sounds like a good product.
I'm not talking directly about you, I'm just stating that ppl need to pull the trigger and get it if they want it. I'm sure u have a great tune already on your car but truthfully would you be able to feel 15-20hp increase? I don't know but if you can't you may say its not worth it. But the only way to really find out how much HP u make would be to do what I did and that is get a pre tune dyno, load the tune, drive for a while for the car to adapt, then go back for post tune dyno numbers. So you have to ask yourself is it worth spending an additional $200-$300 for dyno pulls on top of what the tune cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be interested, but depends on when you guys are planning on tuning. I've got a date with a body shop this upcoming Monday in Natick. Plus I legit live 10 min. down the street from you guys.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Wont know til u pull the trigger and get it rather than making excuses lol :grin
everyone with the tune is happy.
Well, I figure I got close to 30whp with the Evolve R and my car is running without problems...but if I could add another 15 without damaging the motor long term, I will. Just need more selling from the source.

121 - 140 of 285 Posts
About this Discussion
284 Replies
58 Participants
M6 Beast
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing