BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just wanted to share with all of you guys that on Monday i am dropping the car of for my long awaited spring install and my 16" front and 15" rear Brembo kit. I cant wait and will most definetely post pics. I will keep everyone updated as to the rubbing that may occur with my 315's in the rear. BTW i also have the RD Sport sways on order.

Mike

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
good luck mike.....pull all the stops out !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually going to ask about that. So the factory bump stops need to be removed with these rdsport springs, correct?

Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was actually going to ask about that. So the factory bump stops need to be removed with these rdsport springs, correct?

Mike

Mike you dont have to remove any factory bump stops. I will warn you that it might rub a bit. You should perhaps spend a couple hundred to roll your fenders. I had the rdsport spring on my car with 21's and it was rubbing like crazy. After I rolled the fender, it was perfect, and now with KW v3's im able to lower it alot more.

As for the BBK 16' front and 15' rear, you have the same set up as I do. Its a VERY great system, and not only performs great, but its a real show stopper? What color did you get for your car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the Brembos in red since i have a saphire black car, figured it would contrast better.

Mike

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey, im researching about these brembo brakes and im finding diffrent prices all around, do you mind telling me how much they costed u ?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Nice. But unless you did something to the fenders, it WILL rub at some point. Have you driven over any sizable bumps/dips in the road at speed yet and/or had the car loaded on uneven roads?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the brakes look crazy !!

do you feel the difference , are they worth all that $$$$$$ ??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your signature says HRE 941-R in 20"? Who makes the 315mm tire in a 20" fitment?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Beautiful car man! I love the drop of the RDSport springs. Very aggressive. Those wheels and brakes look freakin hot!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up the car and now drove it to work and back. Man what can i say, they brake power is unbelievable, and the suspension feels more stiff yet not uncomfortable. Cant wait for the sways to come in. No rubbing with load in the rear and dips on the highway.

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts