BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a Brembo racing brake set. Brand new.

2 x 6 piston monoblock racing calippers (very light)

2 x racing discs 355x32

You find the part no. only in the racing calipper list from Brembo
Part no.: XA5M403

Normaly the parts are for racing cars, so we make the brackets individuel.

PM me for an offer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
so will you make rotor hats and caliper brackets to mount these on our cars?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So that's $1,500 ($1,496) for the rotor hats and brackets....and that doesn't even include the price of the calipers, pads, brake lines, and hardware to mate the hats to the rings plus the insane amount it will cost to ship something this heavy to the U.S.

That's not a good start.

How much were you looking to get for the whole package?

·
Registered
295 Posts
So that's $1,500 ($1,496) for the rotor hats and brackets....and that doesn't even include the price of the calipers, pads, brake lines, and hardware to mate the hats to the rings plus the insane amount it will cost to ship something this heavy to the U.S.

That's not a good start.

:grinyes:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

That's not a good start.

Not to mention the fact that your getting Brembo calipers and discs with homemade hats and brackets. :eek: I would never put my life in the hands of jimmy-rigged brakes on the track or let alone the street. hmmm

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not to mention the fact that your getting Brembo calipers and discs with homemade hats and brackets. :eek: I would never put my life in the hands of jimmy-rigged brakes on the track or let alone the street. hmmm
This is true.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

That's not a good start.

Call Brembo and ask for pricing on rotor hats for a Gran Turismo kit. Hint: it's more than $1500 for a full-car set.

lol.

you have no idea who this person is, or what their job is, yet somehow you know they're homemade.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Call Brembo and ask for pricing on rotor hats for a Gran Turismo kit. Hint: it's more than $1500 for a full-car set.
we're not dealing with a full-car set we're dealing with just the fronts....and those rotor hats would come from Brembo...with Brembo's reputation behind them for safety and fitment. These would not. And Brembo prices them that way so you can't piece together a GT kit for less than the price of the kit itself, it doesn't mean that someone else should charge that much for a one-off set.

I will stop discussing this now because I've done enough damage to this guy's FS thread, I shouldn't do any more.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
lol.

you have no idea who this person is, or what their job is, yet somehow you know they're homemade.
First off I want to apologize to the OP for thread jacking as we have all done in this for sale thread. I usually reserve my comments and close my mouth but every once in a while I cant refrain. :rolleyes:

I know how much hats and rotors cost for the GT kits and the OP is not selling a full-car set. Further more Brembo doesn't make a 355 6 piston monoblock kit for the E39 M5. Its fairly obvious these are not for an E39 M5.

You are correct that I assume they are homemade. I should have rather specifically said an aftermarket non Brembo manufactured hat and Bracket.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
we're not dealing with a full-car set we're dealing with just the fronts....and those rotor hats would come from Brembo...with Brembo's reputation behind them for safety and fitment. These would not. And Brembo prices them that way so you can't piece together a GT kit for less than the price of the kit itself, it doesn't mean that someone else should charge that much for a one-off set.

I will stop discussing this now because I've done enough damage to this guy's FS thread, I shouldn't do any more.

Good luck with the sale.

Brembo's reputation with private customers is terrible. Perhaps you should search the E39 forum for "brembo parts" to understand their reputation.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
First off I want to apologize to the OP for thread jacking as we have all done in this for sale thread. I usually reserve my comments and close my mouth but every once in a while I cant refrain. :rolleyes:

I know how much hats and rotors cost for the GT kits and the OP is not selling a full-car set. Further more Brembo doesn't make a 355 6 piston monoblock kit for the E39 M5. Its fairly obvious these are not for an E39 M5.

You are correct that I assume they are homemade. I should have rather specifically said an aftermarket non Brembo manufactured hat and Bracket.

To be honest, even if they were "homemade" they're going to need to be done at a machine shop. And, there's not really much you can do in terms of heat-treating aluminum; so, assuming the dimensions are correct, and the correct alloy was used, it's just a hunk of metal. There's really not much that's super special about mounting brackets, or hats for that matter.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, what's going on here.

First, this is the company who makes the hats and brackets.

Zerspanungstechnik Boostedt - Wir fr Sie

This kit is not a GT kit from the Brembo list.
If you have a race car, you can order from the Brembo calipper list a set of racing calippers.
If your order the discs for racing, you get only the disc without hats.

The most race team are building the hats and brackets for himself. I depends on, with axle system is on the car.
GT3, GT2 GTR axle system is difficult. Center lock hup, other not.
It is the normal way to make the the hats and bracket.

See the pic from our ap racing system.
We use the best alloy. Plane alloy with 500NMper 1 square cm.

Here in germany you can order the normal GT kit, but this is not a monoblock calipper for racing.
The GT calippers are much more heavier, than the monoblock calipper
GT calippers are 2 piece calippers and monoblock 1 piece.

You can‘t order in germany the hats alone. Only with discs.
Price for the GT discs 355x32 is 710Euro excl. tax.
But this is a discs for street, not for endurance racing.

Absolutely normal to build his own hats and brackets.
Maybe I have to sell the kit on motorsport maket sites.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Hey guys, what's going on here.

First, this is the company who makes the hats and brackets.

Zerspanungstechnik Boostedt - Wir fr Sie

This kit is not a GT kit from the Brembo list.
If you have a race car, you can order from the Brembo calipper list a set of racing calippers.
If your order the discs for racing, you get only the disc without hats.

The most race team are building the hats and brackets for himself. I depends on, with axle system is on the car.
GT3, GT2 GTR axle system is difficult. Center lock hup, other not.
It is the normal way to make the the hats and bracket.

See the pic from our ap racing system.
We use the best alloy. Plane alloy with 500NMper 1 square cm.

Here in germany you can order the normal GT kit, but this is not a monoblock calipper for racing.
The GT calippers are much more heavier, than the monoblock calipper
GT calippers are 2 piece calippers and monoblock 1 piece.

You can‘t order in germany the hats alone. Only with discs.
Price for the GT discs 355x32 is 710Euro excl. tax.
But this is a discs for street, not for endurance racing.

Absolutely normal to build his own hats and brackets.
Maybe I have to sell the kit on motorsport maket sites.

Looks like top quality manufacturing. I apologize for taking the thread sideways. ouich Although I don't know if any members here would be interested in that option but GLWS.

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts