BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Breathing some life back into the M. Any other suggestions?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rcnsc 
#1 ·
Our M5 is nearing 100K miles and we've decided to keep it and give it a refresh. Just ordered:

- Bilstein PSS9s
- Front control arms
- Rear control arms
- Front/rear rotors/pads/ss lines/Motul fluid
- UUC 850CSI clutch kit/flywheel
- UUC SSK with DSSR
- TMS Stage one performance kit (intake/shark)
- Full service (all filters/fluids/belts/etc)

Also doing the rear main seal, seat cables (what a PITA these ugly seats are), fixing the rearview mirror and addressing any other issues we find. Also doing the muffler delete.

Any suggestions or common things to address at this mileage?

#2 ·
I wouldn't do shark injector on M5. It is great on older BMW's. I would look for Jailbreak or Evolve for better quality tunes that is worth the money. They help disable the common codes or provides Alpha N tune.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Second belts, fuel filter they seem to be overlooked. Also would recommend sensors (CPS, O2)

#7 ·
Have you considered new MAFs? Although, if you do the tune right away you may not need them. I would get it running good before a tune though.

#10 ·
True. I am currently in that situation with the Ferrari. Need to pull and clean them or order replacements. It's funny how it shares the same pn with few more pedestrian cars (Honda, Rover, etc) and is available for a fraction of what it costs for the same Bosch parts vs the prancing horse supplier.. Ugh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.