BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

just a quick note to start things off.

My 3.6l, 1990 M5 is going to the graveyard - well, I have it sitting in the drive and will be breaking her.

Silly settlement offered by the insurance (silly low way) - so I took some cash and retained the vehicle.

Any sensible offer for bits will be considered - it is time for some rich pickings for someone.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
durt said:
hello all,

just a quick note to start things off.

My 3.6l, 1990 M5 is going to the graveyard - well, I have it sitting in the drive and will be breaking her.

Silly settlement offered by the insurance (silly low way) - so I took some cash and retained the vehicle.

Any sensible offer for bits will be considered - it is time for some rich pickings for someone.

cherrsagai
Perfect timing...do you know what model alternator you have as I am looking for one - chassis number will probably do as I can look up what was fitted!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mmm-Five said:
Perfect timing...do you know what model alternator you have as I am looking for one - chassis number will probably do as I can look up what was fitted!

Info for all - Chassis/ Frame No GA25286

The alternator was rebuilt/refurbished only a couple of thousand miles ago.

Engine rebuilt approx 5k ago - new short block and head stripped and rebuilt. New clutch plate.

New BMW rear section of exhaust.

1 brand new allow(spare) other 3 could do with a refurb

Grey/ silver leather interior - bit worn but still intact.

There is a "TOAD" Cat 1 full closer alarm/immobiliser fitted - just take a bit of time to disconnect - but would not be as much as a new one out of the shop.

And lots of other parts that make up the car.

It is a sad time for me to be doing this - repair quotes on "visible damage" - well over £4k - not taking in the unseen stuff.

Hope she helps to keep some other beasts out there alive for a while longer.

:wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd be seriously interested in the back box of the exhaust, mines holed and steadily disintegrating. Have you got a price in mind?

TIA

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sorry to hear this...

I personaly could not stand to break my car :nono:

Do you have any pictures of you car, interior and such like?

Hows your Steering Box, BTW?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If the alternator is BMW No. 12-31-1-315-434/962 (Bosch 0-120-468-074) then name your price!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Johnnym5 said:
I'd be seriously interested in the back box of the exhaust, mines holed and steadily disintegrating. Have you got a price in mind?

TIA

Johhnym5 - we all know how much the parts cost from BMW - I ain't looking to be greedy on any part - make me an offer and then we can take it from there.

I will check the alternator tomorrow and update that one.

Plisken - I will take a pic or two of the car and get them on here for all to see.

Will keep you lot informed on any bits that go.

:typing: :typing: :typing:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jonsmiff said:
need a gearlever as mine is worn,how much?and what condition

Do you mean the gear knob ?

The one that's on is as new illuminated knob - I also have a brand new non-illuminated one. Reason being - BMW gave me the wrong one (unlit) and would not take it back - hence I have one of each.

Which one ?

:wroom:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mmm-Five said:
If the alternator is BMW No. 12-31-1-315-434/962 (Bosch 0-120-468-074) then name your price!

Just back in from taking the alternator off - Bosch 0/120/468/074

N1/14v/25/140A

Refurbished not 1000 miles ago - Give me an offer

:wroom: :wroom:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
durt said:
Just back in from taking the alternator off - Bosch 0/120/468/074

N1/14v/25/140A

Refurbished not 1000 miles ago - Give me an offer

:wroom: :wroom:
I know BMW want £480 for a new one though and GSF aren't sure if their 140a one will suit!

How much to offer, without sounding too cheeky . . . . 50p and a conker :blink: £50, £100, :confused2 don't know what offer as I've not bought one before!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mmm-Five said:
How much to offer, without sounding too cheeky . . . . 50p and a conker :blink:

As much as that, is it a good conker ?

I ain't going to give the bits away - but I ain't a greedy man - your shout !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
durt said:
As much as that, is it a good conker ?

I ain't going to give the bits away - but I ain't a greedy man - your shout !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sorry, I pushed submit instead of preview, and you got my unfinished message as I was looking up the cost on ETK!

That comment is the standard reply to any 'how much' question on BookaTrack's forum :p

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
Sorry, I pushed submit instead of preview, and you got my unfinished message as I was looking up the cost on ETK!

That comment is the standard reply to any 'how much' question on BookaTrack's forum :p
Your parts disk, give your prices too?

Any news on those pic's? durt

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
plisken said:
Your parts disk, give your prices too?

Any news on those pic's? durt
Yes, you just download the parts.zip file for the relevant date and install it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
plisken said:
Sorry to hear this...

I personaly could not stand to break my car :nono:

Do you have any pictures of you car, interior and such like?

Hows your Steering Box, BTW?

Hope these are attached - not a lot to see. Click on "view my car".

Steering box ?

:sad1: :sad1:

·
Registered
757 Posts
durt said:
Hope these are attached - not a lot to see. Click on "view my car".

Steering box ?

:sad1: :sad1:
Mmm-Five - got the prices loaded, though some items do seem a little high eg £755 for a front shocker. Some other items seem to fall pretty close to what I've been paying though :cool2:

got the pics durt, for some reason I thought your interior was the same colour as mine, hence the request, yours would appear to be grey, wheras mine is champagne/cream.

Your steering box, well as you may know I have been trying to get mine adjusted recently with no such luck, as such thought about buying one, possibly to fit or indeed rebuild. Did you have any problems with ours, was it damaged during the bump, and what would you be lookin for, for it. Now I know you have said that you are not a greedy man, but please put prices on some things mmmmmm

I'm also considering haveing a rear spoiler fitted, I feel left our seeing as most other E34's I see, especially M5's have one and poor old me don't though, I hear they cost £400+
I know I could buy a copy for buttons but would prefer a genuine one, so if your is also in good nick, then name a price. I will understand though if you do not wish to split from the boot.

That's about it old boy, not really looking for anything else, sorry...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts